OP
OP
Dale Jones

Dale Jones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump is spoken for but the light is yours if you are better than me at talking your wife into things for the tank lol

AndCoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely be interested in getting something going. I get just about everything from reef life and will let him know I’m interested as well.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would like to see something reef club like materialize in B'ham. Encouraging to see 20+ posts on a thread here in under a week

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36 in ice cap sump with a 12 x 12 refugeum that goes with it 200
Geo calcium reactor with 2 new co2 tanks 250
I 48 in aquatic life hibrid t5 100
2 more 48 in t5 ho fixtures 40
A skimz I think it’s a 201 skimmer it’s a beast 225
And a jaybo dc12000 dc pump 50
Not to derail the thread, but which Geo reactor?

nemo10171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d join in on a club, If we can get anything going in bham. Me and tuffy talked about it last year, but we couldn’t find enough people.

nemo10171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d join in on a club, If we can get anything going in bham. Me and tuffy talked about it last year, but we couldn’t find enough people.
I lost the password to my old user name. Had to make a new one.

ClamIAm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down south about an hour and a half but I'd make that drive - I have an LPS centric 30g cube, running about 7 months now!

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about hosting an event on February 1 at my house if you're all interested. Everyone can come over, check out my tanks, call the tang police on me, and we can all hang out and discuss our reefs.

I'll post a separate thread with more info if this gets any traction (just like this post and/or say you'd come). There's not much going on that day I don't think. Basketball & work kind of dominate my life this time of year, but UAB is away, and Auburn & Alabama both play fairly late.

I'd love to at least meet up quarterly. I volunteer at McWane as well so maybe I can get some of the aquarium people to come and talk as well. They're doing a ton of interesting stuff there right now. Maybe we could all do a tour there or something.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about hosting an event on February 1 at my house if you're all interested. Everyone can come over, check out my tanks, call the tang police on me, and we can all hang out and discuss our reefs.

I'll post a separate thread with more info if this gets any traction (just like this post and/or say you'd come). There's not much going on that day I don't think. Basketball & work kind of dominate my life this time of year, but UAB is away, and Auburn & Alabama both play fairly late.

I'd love to at least meet up quarterly. I volunteer at McWane as well so maybe I can get some of the aquarium people to come and talk as well. They're doing a ton of interesting stuff there right now. Maybe we could all do a tour there or something.
Count me in.

ClamIAm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be there in riot gear.

1578346272454.png

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case you all haven't seen this, I made a thread about having an event at my house. I hope you're able to come! We've already had more interest than I thought we'd get this time around.

Here's the thread:

Here's the link to the survey:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back