I just watched my BTA split!

  • Thread starter Thread starter mbarber87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mbarber87

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2020
Messages
239
Reaction score
122
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of a right place at the right time thing, but I was looking at my tank this morning and saw my BTA looking unusually stretched out. Every few minutes, I could see a different part of the flesh tearing. I caught a video of the moment it finally split! I've never had this happen and have never actually watched a video of it happening, so it was a really great experience!

- if interested!
 
One time, I had a rbta split into 4 pieces , but not exactly all the same size and the smallest one did not survive after a few days.
 
Wow that’s awesome mine has never split it keeps growing wish mine would might have to rehome soon!

Nothing changed in 8 months. But I think it got stressed out after it ate an oversized mysis. That’s the only thing I can think of.
 
Great video, thanks for sharing this.
That is awesome you can actually see it pulling from each side.

I gotta ask tho what the heck is going on in the background audio lol you live in a factory?
 
Crazy.
What makes them split? And is it good or bad? I have a RBTA that’s probably 5”. I’d be freaked out if it was doing that lol
4C776759-BD83-451D-BDE2-87C729932F96.jpeg
FDEF1DD8-4039-48F2-AB4D-A3825151FFD3.jpeg
 
Great video, thanks for sharing this.
That is awesome you can actually see it pulling from each side.

I gotta ask tho what the heck is going on in the background audio lol you live in a factory?

A 3 year old and 1 year old haha
 
Kind of a right place at the right time thing, but I was looking at my tank this morning and saw my BTA looking unusually stretched out. Every few minutes, I could see a different part of the flesh tearing. I caught a video of the moment it finally split! I've never had this happen and have never actually watched a video of it happening, so it was a really great experience!

- if interested!

Cool, I bet your wife loved, sorry honey I cannot help with the dishes my anemone is splitting.
 
I was able to be there when mine split and get a picture. Now there's seven in two tanks.

CmFDVibl.jpg
Such a great shot! What an experience!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new