I keep losing fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter jmoney7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
60÷7=8.5 weeks
That is what I did again I misspoke when I said 6 weeks I reiterated that I followed proper fallow period according to jay hemdal which was 60 days I finished a few months ago so I forgot
 
I used to add fish right to the tank but I haven’t added any new fish. I misspoke about the 6 weeks I used your and jays recommendation on fallow and treatment procedures.
Do a major water change and add a UV unit to the tank and leave fallow 8 weeks, while quarantining any new arrivals prior to introduction. Start with 30 days coppersafe followed by two 8 day treatments with PraziPro
 
You can ask the LFS, or not.
If not, I suggest qt everything that is wet.

Once you have expensive fish, it would really suck to lose them because of a snail.
Yeah definitely I don’t wanna lose fish period
 
Yeah definitely I don’t wanna lose fish period
*Most* LFS have seperate systems for fish and inverts.
It's still not fool proof but it is safer to add to tank.
Fish diseases run rampant in this hobby. It's just getting worse by the year.
 
I recently bought three wrasse,
I lost one to uronema.
The other two just finished an aggressive fast paced QT. 4.5 weeks cuz I had last minute vacation plans.

I did prazipro first, in 2 full weeks copper, then 1 week observation in a clean tank with live rock.
 
Yes I treated them but now 2 of them got it again and 1 already died I now only have 3 one of them still have it my clowns are like immune. But I don’t understand why ich showed up again no fish were added.
You didn’t happen to leave the clowns in during fallow correct? As in/ you did treat the clowns correct? Also, 2 weeks in copper is not long enough. Unless it’s cupramine, then I’ve heard you can get away with 14 days, but imo it’s hit or miss I just did 30 days. Also levels need to stay at therapeutic dose the full 30 days testing with Hannah copper test kit. Also based on the timeline, you didn’t treat with prazi properly either.
 
Last edited:
You didn’t happen to leave the clowns in during fallow correct? As in/ you did treat the clowns correct? Also, 2 weeks in copper is not long enough. Unless it’s cupramine, then I’ve heard you can get away with 14 days, but imo it’s hit or miss I just did 30 days. Also levels need to stay at therapeutic dose the full 30 days testing with Hannah copper test kit. Also based on the timeline, you didn’t treat with prazi properly either.
I didn’t treat with Prazi as it’s not nesessary for ich idk where in this thread I said I only treated them with copper for 2 weeks I did beyond 30 days in copper using Hanna checker and I also did not leave my clowns in DT hence me saying it was fallow (no fish)
 
I didn’t treat with Prazi as it’s not nesessary for ich idk where in this thread I said I only treated them with copper for 2 weeks I did beyond 30 days in copper using Hanna checker and I also did not leave my clowns in DT hence me saying it was fallow (no fish)
I’m very Sorry I meant to split those up. The clowns was for you. The rest was for dburr(the post above my reply) I apologize
 
I’m very Sorry I meant to split those up. The clowns was for you. The rest was for dburr(the post above my reply) I apologize
Some wrasse can't handle 30 days in copper. It's a hybrid method that is okay with certain protocols.
It's followed with 2 weeks of observation. It's not foolproof, like with everything else, but with fish known to go downhill in 30 day copper treatment, it's better than nothing.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new