OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of relatively new favias for me at least These are with t5's and blue led's, the metal halides already turned off.

Also sorry about the focus but I took these through the front of my bow tank and I could not get a 90 degree angle through the glass.

Hallucination favia

Next favia:

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are an inspiration for me. I've started collection chalice this year mostly because of your pictures. Im up to about 12 morphs but only 2 are big and round.

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are an inspiration for me. I've started collection chalice this year mostly because of your pictures. Im up to about 12 morphs but only 2 are big and round.

Wow, that is truly a compliment coming from you. Thank you.

Here is a weird picture of my pink ******* chalice. That portion on the bottom fractured off when I picked up the chalice a few months ago and I immediately glued it back next to momma and now they have merged. I try not to have the chalices encrust on the rock. I mold d-d putty over the rock and let the chalice encrust on the putty. But I don't lift the putty off for months (because I forget to) and the chalice usually has then grown past the putty and onto the rock. The putty is really molded to the rock so it looks like the chalice is encrusting the rockscape

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/watchguy123/2014/October/pink-******-2_zps9a288bf9.jpg

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that strategy is pretty solid. So as they grow you supplement the epoxy platform for more growth or now that they are big enough frag the overhanging rim?

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that strategy is pretty solid. So as they grow you supplement the epoxy platform for more growth or now that they are big enough frag the overhanging rim?

So far only accidental frags. But I am slowly but surely running out of room but I just can't imagine taking a saw to any of the chalices

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate fragging anything even zoas lol. I know alot of people that make accidental frags to plated chalice though lol.

OP
OP
watchguy123

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this a lot and I seem to take pictures of it over and over again

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/watchguy123/2014/October/pink-******-and-friends_zps02a91761.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back