I like stupid stuff : ) what is your stupid stuff?

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry to tell you this, but your copperband butterfly is not a she but a he rather. I can tell from the pattern on it. So from now on you can call him a he.

Just joking. I have no idea. Sorry, I like stupid jokes.;Meh
That’s hilarious!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mariano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking forward to that pic!

sorry about the blue :). i ordered some lenses to take good pictures , they arrive saturday.

0E8C7520-C5B0-45FF-959B-4E2A57E70EF8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my scape has a couple caves in it... when the lights are on, my cleaner shrimp all move to the bottom one on the right... it’s almost like a little car wash... my fish swim in, they get all shined up and then swim around happy all day.

this was also my 500th post : ) had to be something stupid! Lol

761AC2B9-5323-4EF1-AF24-27D1A66F2FA3.jpeg

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this thread! Lol I have a valentini puffer that thinks she is a blue throat trigger...she (Squishy) spends ridiculous amounts of time trying to keep up with him (Achilles) but it is really hard against the Gyre flow. I spend RIDICULOUS amounts of time watching this...and being the commentator. Just sayin. Lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this thread! Lol I have a valentini puffer that thinks she is a blue throat trigger...she (Squishy) spends ridiculous amounts of time trying to keep up with him (Achilles) but it is really hard against the Gyre flow. I spend RIDICULOUS amounts of time watching this...and being the commentator. Just sayin. Lol
Being a commentator ... omg I love that

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 9” long spotted eel in my tank. I also had a foxface... he’s about 4” long... and... he’s mostly a wimp lol... Tonight my eel to man up with my foxface... not bad, but it happened. For the next hour my foxface has been an inch away from my eel, with all his spikes out.

maybe he’s not the wimp I thought he was lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New stupid stuff... by the way... anything can qualify as stupid stuff : )

My last tank... 1st tank... was a 75 gallon mixed reef. I really could not afford this hobby back then, and I had two teenage daughters I was raising on my own. Yeah... the tank failed. (I failed) That was actually 17 years ago.

I’m prepping my 200 gallon tank for SPS and clams. I am 4 months in on this tank. It’s still maturing. I have already been able to do things this time around I could only dream of doing back then.

So yeah.... finally... the stupid stuff...

I’ve been sitting here tonight with all the doors open on my cabinet admiring my system... for the first time ever I have more going on under my tank than I do in my tank. It feels good : )

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue hippo tank freaks me out. The way he sleeps in the rocks... I cannot tell you how many times I’ve reached for my net to “take his dead body” out of my tank... nope... that’s just how he sleeps at night. Lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every now and then... not often... I turn all my lights on after lights out late at night just to see everything that’s going on in the tank I don’t normally get to see. It’s kinna like... the teenage kids have learned to outlast theit parents and are all out playing. Lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going all out stupid this time! Lol

So, I only recently started making my own saltwater. I have a 55 gallon drum in my laundry room. It is now plumbed out so that I can fill it with RODI water. It is full right now and it’s at a comfortable 1.026. ...at least, now it is. Lol

i mixed it up last weekend. When I got done, my refractometer read 1.025. I put the lid on and walked away. Then, yesterday morning I was going to do a water change. I took the lid off and OMG! There was salt clinging to everything!!! I ”tried” to remeasure the salinity and could not actually get it to read. That water more than maxed out my refractometer. And, the water was really cloudy.

I drained off about ten gallons and refilled it with RODI... checking as it filled. I also kept recirculating the water the whole time... it cleared up to!

SMH... I can even screw up making water! Lol

Last edited:

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I keep a very ugly, cheap folding chair in front of my tank and call it my Captain's Chair. I've had the same Captain's Chair for 12 years! There is usually an old nasty towel on the carpet because my arms are always in the tank and I drip water everywhere. My step stool stays to the right of the tank because I need it to get my arms in the tank. I keep the little octopus on top of my ATO reservoir because my son sent it to me in a card and I think it's cute.

As for other stupid...I love really horrible puns. I mean the really horrible ones that make people roll their eyes. :rolleyes:

Captain Chair2.jpg

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I keep a very ugly, cheap folding chair in front of my tank and call it my Captain's Chair. I've had the same Captain's Chair for 12 years! There is usually an old nasty towel on the carpet because my arms are always in the tank and I drip water everywhere. My step stool stays to the right of the tank because I need it to get my arms in the tank. I keep the little octopus on top of my ATO reservoir because my son sent it to me in a card and I think it's cute.

As for other stupid...I love really horrible puns. I mean the really horrible ones that make people roll their eyes. :rolleyes:

Captain Chair2.jpg
^^^ This qulifies as stupid stuff!!! Lol. Love it!

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This comment will test my writing ability! : )

My snowflake eel. How does this guy survive in nature? He is a terrible hunter. Lol. He can have food right next to his head and never even notice it. He has never really been aggressive with the other fish in my tank, but recently, he started doing something new... only around feeding time.

He started swimming around the little clip I have for nori sheets. He snaps a little at the other fish, but never has bitten one. It’s almost as if he is jealous they are getting to eat the seaweed while he is hungry! As soon as I feed, he leaves them and the nori alone. It’s not like he eats it! Goofy eel.

On a side note, he let me hand feed him re-hydrated krill yesterday. That was cool!

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a stupid one for you : )

I’ve stopped posting recently. ...or at least have really slowed down. I am getting close to having 1,000 posts on here... right now, I am just “Well Known”. In just a few more, I think that changes to something like “valued member.” I’ve seen who here answers my questions... seen their “titles”... and remember respecting advice from some “titles” more than others... is that fair? Although I‘ve gotten amazing advice from people with 7 total posts on R2R. ....yeah... titles.

Is it stupid that I am afraid of that title? In most ways... I am still a newbie at this hobby!

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been awhile... time for something stupid. : )

My snowflake eel has been in hiding almost continuously for a week now. Never comes out to eat. I have been getting worried about him. I even tried to hand feed him while he was in his favorite little hole in a rock... can’t get him to eat.

...and then I finally notice it. There are 4 empty shells around him... snails. He’s feeding himself!!! Lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want stupid? ...uh... yeah, here it comes. Lol

So, I kept hearing about a new a Hannah Nitrate checker and got a little excited about it. So, went to BRS... found one, and bought it! (Why is everyone saying they are not available yet?)

Uhhhhh yeah... it was a Nitrite checker : (

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want stupid? ...uh... yeah, here it comes. Lol

So, I kept hearing about a new a Hannah Nitrate checker and got a little excited about it. So, went to BRS... found one, and bought it! (Why is everyone saying they are not available yet?)

Uhhhhh yeah... it was a Nitrite checker : (

Wait, you bought a nitrite thinking it was a nitrate? Well, I had been using the wrong reagent powder for the phosphate checker, so you ain’t the only one got messed up lol

But Hanna did releases the nitrate checker but I’ve heard it’s hard to use so I didn’t get it.

E53149A6-8DBE-4702-8CB8-D3BFCBDB6DE1.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back