I like stupid stuff : ) what is your stupid stuff?

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two guys have become good friends... the fox face... yeah, he’s kind of a wimp lol. The butterfly fish (that I always refer to as a she) struts.... she knows she gorgeous! She is a ham too. If I go near the tank, she is right there nearest me and I swear she knows when she is getting her picture taken. She even got a manicure this morning. She kept going back to one of my cleaner shrimp to get “her nails done” lol

tell me your story : )

5A2E91BB-CCD5-4AC0-A0C0-1089B9E679F4.jpeg

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two guys have become good friends... the fox face... yeah, he’s kind of a wimp lol. The butterfly fish (that I always refer to as a she) struts.... she knows she gorgeous! She is a ham too. If I go near the tank, she is right there nearest me and I swear she knows when she is getting her picture taken. She even got a manicure this morning. She kept going back to one of my cleaner shrimp to get “her nails done” lol

My fox face is a drama queen I can be 10 ft away walking by and she freaks out but not if I have food eats out of my hand

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fox face is a drama queen I can be 10 ft away walking by and she freaks out but not if I have food eats out of my hand
I love that... I let one of my cleaner shrimp crawl on my hand today... he was cleaning my hand : ) really cool. (Yes my hands were perfectly clean)

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My convict tang swims around with my 6 blue green chromis. He is also the tang policeman as he breaks up any squables between them.
Just took this one as its hard to get a complete group shot.
20200412_194325.jpg

20200412_194657.jpg

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My CCB and Magnificent FF are best friends as well. The first day they meet the CBB would point his spikes at the FF. Then the second day they were best friends following each other around.
That’s awesome! I swear I just saw my CBB and FF tag team my blue hippo tang, from opposite sides of the tank, while he was trying to get some seaweed from the little hanger I have. It was funny

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More stupid stuff : )

That time in between... you did your research, you asked your questions... you toss and turn at night sometimes... and then you make a decision. And you “buy” something : ) ....and then you wait, and wai and wait for it to finally show up.

I’m in the stuck waiting phase : ( (This is the part where you feel bad for me) lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another one : ) I have two spotted eels... both about 9” long. They got in a pretty good fight tonight at feeding time. One of them has been strutting around my tank all night like a champion in professional wrestling. (Completely out of character for him)

The other one? Yeah, he dove into my overflow and has been hiding in my sump since. I just let him stay for the night. I even fed him down there : ) I’ll put him back tomorrow.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New stupid stuff... and this time, it cost me... and a pet : (

When I started this tank, 2 of the first fish I put in it were 2 spotted eels. They were available, when not much was... sue me : ) Eels are awesome! Right?

These 2 guys fought.. a lil at first. Yeah, one became dominant. The other one...found an escape. He went into my overflow and ended up in my sump. Of course... I kept catching him down there and putting him back in my tank.

He dove out the backside of my tank. I didn’t find him in time.

Should I have just left him in m sump? Fed him down there? No light???

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right topic but just the other night as I dropped some pellets in, the male coral banded shrimp grabbed some pellets and gave some to the female. I found that really interesting. I keep a pair in the sump just for the gicko.
Perfect topic. I love stuff like this. Seeing something like that is why I love this hobby so much.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 6 clown fish. 3 that were orange and white, 3 that were black and while. One of them, a black and white one, had an orange face. He stayed away from the rest... always by himself. He died : (

Now, one of the 5 decided to segregate himself... I am worried about him

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m sorry to tell you this, but your copperband butterfly is not a she but a he rather. I can tell from the pattern on it. So from now on you can call him a he.

Just joking. I have no idea. Sorry, I like stupid jokes.;Meh

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back