I love formeldahyde

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.

This might be the weirdest thing you’ll hear on a forum…but I just want to make this post to share my appreciation for formeldahyde.

I think it’s such a great tool to have. You buy a new fish that is prone to uronema, you set up a quick bath and then transfer the fish to it’s quarantine tank to follow up with metro.

I’m very cautious with this chemical. I first and foremost wear gloves and face masks. I ensure that bucket has extremely high aeration via airstones, and ensure the bucket has a heater.

I do the bath treatment outside because I believe oxygen is higher, and it protects my family and me from the chemicals. I always change my mask and gloves when I enter the house (washing hands before I touch my face mask.

Besides for the caution (formeldahyde is a carcinogen) I feel it provides my uronema prone fish with the best chance at life.

Post is finished. :)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.

This might be the weirdest thing you’ll hear on a forum…but I just want to make this post to share my appreciation for formeldahyde.

I think it’s such a great tool to have. You buy a new fish that is prone to uronema, you set up a quick bath and then transfer the fish to it’s quarantine tank to follow up with metro.

I’m very cautious with this chemical. I first and foremost wear gloves and face masks. I ensure that bucket has extremely high aeration via airstones, and ensure the bucket has a heater.

I do the bath treatment outside because I believe oxygen is higher, and it protects my family and me from the chemicals. I always change my mask and gloves when I enter the house (washing hands before I touch my face mask.

Besides for the caution (formeldahyde is a carcinogen) I feel it provides my uronema prone fish with the best chance at life.

Post is finished. :)
Ha - that sounds like me 20 years ago! I got worried about using it by the gallon as I was, and gradually shifted to other treatments. You’re probably handling it more safely than I did though….

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back