OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun story. The rest of my euphyllia now have brown jelly. I figured a month later I would be safe. Thanks aqua sd.

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would dip them in coralrx. anytime a coral of mine gets stung brown jelly starts happening. dipping and getting rid of the bacterial infection is the way to go. i've done this several times and it has worked for me.

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as the new guys started showing signs, I dipped and put them in qt. One made a comeback, the rest were total losses. That was a month ago. Now, the ones I already had have it. Makes for a very angry day.

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take you up on it in a couple months. Once I can be sure the system is clear. I'm pretty unhappy with the lack of responses from aqua sd. I've done multiple orders from them, never had any issues. All were perfect. This one was not only a complete waste of money, but is now effecting corals I already had.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really getting the most out of my Amazon Prime with this hobby. Also, think that the UPS doesn't like me because he has to carry those heavy boxes of salt to my front door. I know I hate carrying them.

I'm sure my driver hates me as well. Oh well, he's making money. [emoji6]

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as the new guys started showing signs, I dipped and put them in qt. One made a comeback, the rest were total losses. That was a month ago. Now, the ones I already had have it. Makes for a very angry day.

Sorry. [emoji53]

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang it. think the qt wasnt stable? that was my first thought.
Im trying to work up the courage to get another goni, theyre tough. IMO IME jelly sometimes is just rot.

I've thoughtfully given up on them. It's like a scene from a movie, total suicide.

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've thoughtfully given up on them. It's like a scene from a movie, total suicide.

You know, I have 2 others that I've had for a long time. Doing great. If they catch this and die I'm going to lose my marbles.

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saying, in my experience, you should post and allow reasonable time for them to reply before filing the PayPal claim.

Keeps everyone on both ends nice and civil lol

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, I have 2 others that I've had for a long time. Doing great. If they catch this and die I'm going to lose my marbles.

I'd start a dip prep. That crap is so [emoji40] and I'm in total agony for you.

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saying, in my experience, you should post and allow reasonable time for them to reply before filing the PayPal claim.

Keeps everyone on both ends nice and civil lol

It's been a month since I got any response. I emailed again on Thursday. I was planning on giving until Monday before I did anything. Do you think that's long enough? I hope he gets back to me and we can resolve it.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a month since I got any response. I emailed again on Thursday. I was planning on giving until Monday before I did anything. Do you think that's long enough? I hope he gets back to me and we can resolve it.

Um, a month is over. Seriously, a month. Sorry to say that if he were interested in resolution, he'd have contacted you by now.

I'm thinking that since they've performed well as a vendor in the past, that something seriously may be "up". That's probably why you've been this patient. I can commend you on your level of control madam.

Kudos! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just being honest but i dont think its aquasd's fault that the corals developed brown jelly. brown jelly can happen for many unknown reasons as well as corals being stung by one another... do you predip corals or just place them in QT?

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and just to add hopefully you dont take this negatively, as an example if i bought some SPS and the next day they showed bone white skeleton thats my problem and no longer the vendor's. there are too many variables at stake with everyones tank being so differently run. look at it in a vendors standpoint anytime a customer kills a coral they expect to be refunded. thats just one way to look at it...

Your corals were alive for almost a week and then developed jelly not saying im against you but cant say its completely their fault if they arrived in good shape.

Last edited:
Back