I need a good “active” fish.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChaseB143
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ChaseB143

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
195
Reaction score
155
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if active is the correct word, because I don’t want something that needs a bunch of room, but I want something that will be out all of the time. I don’t want tangs, I already have a yellow tang and he will hide when you go up to the tank. To be honest, the fish that is the most active is my Bangai cardinal[emoji51] I also have two clowns, an engineer goby, diamond goby, six line wrasse, and coral beauty.
 
I’m not sure if active is the correct word, because I don’t want something that needs a bunch of room, but I want something that will be out all of the time. I don’t want tangs, I already have a yellow tang and he will hide when you go up to the tank. To be honest, the fish that is the most active is my Bangai cardinal[emoji51] I also have two clowns, an engineer goby, diamond goby, six line wrasse, and coral beauty.
How big is your system and what's your system details?
 
E218958A-90B4-4FAF-A08A-A4BBCE8AB059.jpeg

My Valentine Puffer is from one end of the tank to the other, and every inch in between. Super easy-going, eats everything. The last one to go to sleep at night— if he ever does (lol).
 
E218958A-90B4-4FAF-A08A-A4BBCE8AB059.jpeg

My Valentine Puffer is from one end of the tank to the other, and every inch in between. Super easy-going, eats everything. The last one to go to sleep at night— if he ever does (lol).

Mine wedges himself straight up in the corner every night to sleep.
 
I’m not sure if active is the correct word, because I don’t want something that needs a bunch of room, but I want something that will be out all of the time. I don’t want tangs, I already have a yellow tang and he will hide when you go up to the tank. To be honest, the fish that is the most active is my Bangai cardinal[emoji51] I also have two clowns, an engineer goby, diamond goby, six line wrasse, and coral beauty.

I just chuckled a bit. I read your title and went in to say don’t get a cardinal, then you said yours are the most active. I have 2 pajama for few years now. I swear they are on Valium. I don’t think they would move at all if not for the wavemakers . Jumbos puffer I really nice, don’t know much about them though.
 
E218958A-90B4-4FAF-A08A-A4BBCE8AB059.jpeg

My Valentine Puffer is from one end of the tank to the other, and every inch in between. Super easy-going, eats everything. The last one to go to sleep at night— if he ever does (lol).

I actually have one of these in my smaller tank. I think he is awesome, but he definitely isn’t reef safe. He has about wipes out my shrimp, and eaten some coral.
 
I just chuckled a bit. I read your title and went in to say don’t get a cardinal, then you said yours are the most active. I have 2 pajama for few years now. I swear they are on Valium. I don’t think they would move at all if not for the wavemakers . Jumbos puffer I really nice, don’t know much about them though.

With the cardinal, I meant that he is always out in the open and he doesn’t go hide much. I’ve never really seen him swim very far, but he will be on opposite sides of the tank all the time.
 
How big is your system and what's your system details?

It’s the Red Sea Reefer 425. It’s a total of 112 gallons. 88 display, 24 sump. It’s around four feet long, and probably 2ish feet tall and deep.
 
Last edited:
It’s the Red Sea Reefer 425. It’s a total of 112 gallons. 88 display, 24 sump. It’s around four feet long, and probably 2ish feet tall and deep.
Blennys have nice personalities. I like midase and African midas blenny.
Ckow fish are nice and social.
Wrasses are active but can be bit aggressive.
 
I vote flasher wrasse. They're always out and about, and flash each other if you pick and choose carefully.

My candy hogfish is pretty active and smallish.

Ohh, they get so nasty though when they grow up. It's a shame, so many hogfish are awesome looking, then they turn into little devils.
 
If you have room, Midas blenny. Gorgeous fish and always swimming in the current
 
Firefish? Anthias? Damsels? A leopard wrasse? Dartfish? An angel?
 
Cheap = blue green chromis
Medium = Tomini tang, any dwarf angel, and if you have lots of pods a Mandarin never stops hunting until lights out.
Expensive = any flasher wrasse, some anthias species in harems, a single Borbonius anthias are super fun.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new