I need a Hydros Controller Recommendation

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Hydros WaveEngine LE to control my pair of Maxspect Gyre XF350 pumps. I like it, and I'm thinking of buying a Hydros WaveEngine V2 to control my four Octo Pulse 4 pumps. However, in doing some research I find that I can't connect both of these WaveEngines together into a Hydros "Collective" using their respective "Command Bus" ports. It seems that I also need a Hydros Controller to create any Collective.

I really don't need a controller as I have 20+ modules currently running on my Apex. Do you have any recommendations as to which one of the Hydros Controllers I should choose to add and why? I'll probably go with a "Starter Kit" as the additional Hydros Power Strip sems to have some functionality that my Apex EB8s do not have.

TIA...

Poochaku

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My impression was that you could do what you are originally planning on doing, I would sent a support ticket to clarify.

If it ends up you do need a hydros controller, I would either get a sense module and just get some redundancy for your apex modules.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a Hydros WaveEngine LE to control my pair of Maxspect Gyre XF350 pumps. I like it, and I'm thinking of buying a Hydros WaveEngine V2 to control my four Octo Pulse 4 pumps. However, in doing some research I find that I can't connect both of these WaveEngines together into a Hydros "Collective" using their respective "Command Bus" ports. It seems that I also need a Hydros Controller to create any Collective.

I really don't need a controller as I have 20+ modules currently running on my Apex. Do you have any recommendations as to which one of the Hydros Controllers I should choose to add and why? I'll probably go with a "Starter Kit" as the additional Hydros Power Strip sems to have some functionality that my Apex EB8s do not have.

TIA...
The Wave Engine v2 can act as a wifi master but the original Wave Engine and LE cannot. I am testing using mine right now. I have 8 controllers in the collective with the WEv2. My Wave Engine is named 42g WE 4. One of the controllers is not displayed on this screenshot. You would need a command buss cable and two terminators to connect them together and start a collective. You will have to use your WEv2 to start the collective. It will retain the setting but when adding the LE all settings in it will be erased. You might want to add them to the WEv2 when you create the collective using demo pumps until you get the LE added then just switch from the demo pump output to the output on the LE for that pump. You can double check with @Connor At CoralVue to make sure but it should work from what I understand.

E8AEE0BB-B7B0-4C11-BECE-C35A8733F56A.png

OP
OP
radiata

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Danny,

Connor agrees with you. "As for the Collective Question, you are correct in that the WaveEnginev2 has more "Control" capabilities and CAN be the WiFi Master. You can create a collective out of a WEv2 and a WE. However, with how you are building out this amazing system, I would recommend a HYDROS Control as the cherry on top."

Thank you,
Bob

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob, I have 8 Hydros controllers and a WEv2. My WEv2 is the wifi master at this time. I figured I would test it out and see how it works. I was using a X4 as the wifi master before I got the WEv2. But since I have Hydros controllers in the collective also I figured it would not hurt to check with them if using only wave engines in the collective to make sure there was no issues.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back