OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from another day of hunting. Reapplied to most places with less stuff on the apps. I talked to the owners of a pet store I use to rent a grooming room from and they pretty much told me I know way too much for them to consider me. They would rather have people that don't have aquarium knowledge because they don't stock the kind of equipment that even they would recommend. They told me thy order all their personal stuff online. I am fairly close with them otherwise I wouldn't have been told that info. I even offered to not sell corals while employed with them and they both laughed like they think they sell more than me. Its actually quite funny...the surrounding pet stores are all effected by my presence. I don't see how hiring me wouldn't help?!

Mostly on the other places i went its just a matter of not hiring or being related....

So how do you get experience doing something you need experience to do?! That is another huge obstacle.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Labor Day weekend...how do you thing its going?! Lol...its really not. However since everyone is off work they are coming by for corals all weekend. My arm is safe.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just got done talking to some extreme enthusiasts...man and his wife. They just offered me a $1000 donation to help increase my whole system capacity next month as long as I "keep being an awesome guy." I helped them learn the "new reef order" after years of kickin it old school. Pretty much spent about 3 hours explaining all the innovations they won't ever hear about locally and walked them through some orders online.

I guess patience and kindness pay off sometimes. I plan on using the cash to replace my current setup with something much longer and with more of a clear front than black plastic grow trays

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so far no jobs have been hiring but I've been doing much better on the corals. It was a temporary financial drought haha. Guess next year I will plan a summer themed service in advance to make up for it.

Right now I am actually planning a bigger frag tank!! Mine is getting packed fast, especially the chalice...oh does the chalice grow!!

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so far no jobs have been hiring but I've been doing much better on the corals. It was a temporary financial drought haha. Guess next year I will plan a summer themed service in advance to make up for it.

Right now I am actually planning a bigger frag tank!! Mine is getting packed fast, especially the chalice...oh does the chalice grow!!

Nice to hear something's going well for you :)

Do you have a website?

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, I have been doing all word of mouth and Craigslist thus far.. I've been talking with me lady about switching over to online a lot. I know a few website guys, that's all over my head.

The thing that's prevented me most is that ups and FedEx are 30 minutes away. Kind of a pain, so I would want to have a larger stock before I started so I wasn't driving that far for one coral lol. Its pretty much going to happen sooner or later

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a pic tomorrow and you can play "guess that coral" lol. Im too tired to think about that at this point. I just relocated my 55g sump from the basement for a remodel...beat haha

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4usuryqa.jpg

There's a crappy shot of the leftovers from the weekend

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. How is everything going now Seymour is your arm safe?

Lol, I was just going down my old posts and found this, I have been extremely busy these last few months lol..

Yes my arm is safe, well...it is not always. I work for a pretty cool home restoration company, right now there are only 2 of us. We are finishing up a man cave right now that has a secret bookshelf safe room and a random urinal in a cabinet that is fully functional. Guy has to pee!

Anyways, I don't need a job now, but if anyone is offering something I can't pass up I can't pass it up, right?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back