I need a job

twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think being on meth is a requirement for everyone, especially management, in your area.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I didn't halfway agree with twelvefive on that...but in any other place i would say that was ignorant. However he has recently been here to witness that...there is a very large hardcore drug problem all around. Its pretty disgusting actually. Maybe they all have connections to each other and I go to the fish dealer.
Oh and everyone's got kids with kids and their all on drugs too...I could be a cop but yeah right...I'm too honest to work here. Last year they tazed an Alzheimer's patient at a nursing home! There are more cops than all other jobs combined in my town.

I'd run away with the circus but the circus is in my town!!!! Ahhhhh

Jing_xoxo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Youve brought up your interest in writing several times, have you gone to the local newspaper and see if they would want an article on reefing etc etc. Sounds like your networking isnt very strong in your town, which is okay.

Honestly, im pretty young, so maybe thats why im not turned off at the idea of working at a far out starbucks for 9 up plus tips. I get the whole college thing and definitely congrats to her and good luck! But is it really so bad to make the drive? I hire people at my line of work and I get the over qualified - they want more and they deserve more, but we just dont have it. So we give the position to someone not as qualified but will readily adapt and wont notice a pay cut.

On that note, have you thought about getting any certificates ? Theres tons in the medical field, and if not those, theres life coach, personal training..you get the drift.

Good luck, I know it mustnt be easy especially being all established already in your life.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The paper is going under...I'd love to
Write for them. I don't mind the subject at all but they ain't got funds for no writer lol

And if I'm overqualified as is...wont certificates just put the icing on the cake? There just aren't many jobs that a certificate would benefit me while also being available. I kinda have to stick close(ish) to town for we only have one drivers license between the two of us. (Me).

I pretty much have to build a job
I already did once with the aquariums in a way, if only there was more of a reefer population!!! I shouldn't have more water than petco.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could just go all out and set up like 10 75 gallons but even if they were full of every coral in the world there would only be so many people with x amount of space...unless I could supply pet stores somehow but that's a massive leap from frag sales

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, someone said it and I think they are right. You keep coming up with excuses for everything. Even if you shovel $h1t, its money. How can you afford to be picky when in the beginning of this thread you tell us you are considering eating you're arm? It sounds like we have a catch 22 here, you are paying for your other half's schooling yet you say you are having a rough time. There are schools everywhere in this nation, even scattered around states. Move to another town or look for work in another town. The only thing that is going to get you a job is if you close your computer, turn off your tablet and go look for something to do. Obviously the aquarium hobby is'nt the most popular thing in your area seeing you said you have more than petco and by the sounds of that they are the only other competitor in town.

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could just go all out and set up like 10 75 gallons but even if they were full of every coral in the world there would only be so many people with x amount of space...unless I could supply pet stores somehow but that's a massive leap from frag sales

Dont know the extent of your collection but filling those tanks with coral is gonna take time and money and that appears to be luxuries you are short on. Take the advice on here but if you really wanna make some money in coral set up a few breeders and ship. Might not be buyers in your area but there is allover the us

Sent from my galaxy s4

Jing_xoxo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, certificates are useful in narrowing down your skill set. You have a business major and thats a pretty broad spectrum. You dont have a masters...so I dont really see how you stand out nor does it look like your interested in working under people.

You know whos always hiring? Your nearest hospital for EMT.

mattvisocky2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just get a job in Fort Wayne or Indy, move, and stop complaining. You are saying you have all these skills, can't make money, but don't need money... Come on, this is pointless. I've lived in Fort Wayne my whole life, dropped out of college, I'm 28 btw, and make excellent money because I worked my *** off.

classklown90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or take the cop job.. why not set the example and be the one honest cop. If everyone thinks like that then nothing will change. Its wishful thinking but you could potentially helped turn it around

Sent from my galaxy s4

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, someone said it and I think they are right. You keep coming up with excuses for everything. Even if you shovel $h1t, its money. How can you afford to be picky when in the beginning of this thread you tell us you are considering eating you're arm? It sounds like we have a catch 22 here, you are paying for your other half's schooling yet you say you are having a rough time. There are schools everywhere in this nation, even scattered around states. Move to another town or look for work in another town. The only thing that is going to get you a job is if you close your computer, turn off your tablet and go look for something to do. Obviously the aquarium hobby is'nt the most popular thing in your area seeing you said you have more than petco and by the sounds of that they are the only other competitor in town.

Where am I being picky? I am trying everywhere within reach that I can...if you know someone who's got something for me I am ready for it. The only job I said I wouldn't do is be a cop lol.
Financial aid pays her schooling, but she has no license and there is literally nobody who is reliable enough to help out with that end while she's without. Which sucks. I don't want to say sorry...you can't go to school and screw her outta that.

Another thing i cannot do is search for jobs when they are closed? There's only so many hours a day where you can realistically job search on the city. I do and have filled out tons of apps all over the place...from Aldi's, janitor spots, what ever...ive even gone through Craigslist....
Having an iPhone makes getting on quick and very simple. It also makes it easy to leave the app on all day. Technically I'm probably not ever offline...but 98% of the day is not on my phone. I'm a writer..I type very fast. Don't think im a phone zombie. Please :(

The aquarium hobby is definitely not prestigious around here. However it is making me more
Than $0 so I am keeping it going in the meantime. I already plan to reduce to fri-Sunday when I do get on at Chrysler. Which is a definite thing when they hire again. There really are not many hobbies here...in general. A Majority of mindlessness and texting. Ugh

Between the corals and Chrysler ill be saving up to move during my lady's schooling. What happens between now and Chrysler does not have to be permanent or even full time. Again,
I'm not not turning in apps places.

Dont know the extent of your collection but filling those tanks with coral is gonna take time and money and that appears to be luxuries you are short on. Take the advice on here but if you really wanna make some money in coral set up a few breeders and ship. Might not be buyers in your area but there is allover the us

Sent from my galaxy s4

I have considered that..I know how to ship and have done eBay corals with no complaints or photoshopped pictures. The only thing I was worried about was the mass number of online vendors already out there. I guess I could come up with some spectacular reasons why my site would be the best.? I do want to look into that. I could still do that even with a full time job if it was worth the hassle of a website or the cost to pay someone to make it.

Well, certificates are useful in narrowing down your skill set. You have a business major and thats a pretty broad spectrum. You dont have a masters...so I dont really see how you stand out nor does it look like your interested in working under people.

You know whos always hiring? Your nearest hospital for EMT.

What type of certificate would say "I stand out but not enough to take your job? " Ivy tech does
Them extremely cheap and I can study just about anything and learn it. I don't think I can drive a truck though...I tried learning stick shift and that was a tremendous failure into a tree. However I am a very good driver and like to drive. I would start a taxi service if that was worth it...

Just get a job in Fort Wayne or Indy, move, and stop complaining. You are saying you have all these skills, can't make money, but don't need money... Come on, this is pointless. I've lived in Fort Wayne my whole life, dropped out of college, I'm 28 btw, and make excellent money because I worked my *** off.

Ok, well I have a house to sell before we can move and if I move its to another part of the country. I am obviously in the wrong place for anything I'm designed to do. That is completely obvious.

Does everyone think im some fat lazy man clicking his mouse in a dark dusty corner while
My cats are starving for attention?!

Or take the cop job.. why not set the example and be the one honest cop. If everyone thinks like that then nothing will change. Its wishful thinking but you could potentially helped turn it around

Sent from my galaxy s4

I'm not going to be a cop. You don't want to know these cops. You don't want them to know you. I am not exaggerating. They are seriously bad cops. This place has so little to do that the crime rate is exaggerated to keep the cop
Employment rate up.

booker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Job

I am working woth a company that does not care about your history. You can apply at One Time Offer! and if you have any questions call or text me 8179184367 Booker

Jing_xoxo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly all my experience and knowledge is from my family who are deep into the medical field. Phlebotomy, medical billing and coding, EMT, these are all sepecific certifications that require a tiny bit of schooling to get your feet into the door. You could become a technician, however those are 2 year programs. Pharmacy technicians only require you to take the test. The book is about maybe a little over 100, study it, then pay for the exam. Have you looked at your local pharmacy? They may not need the help, so you should ask before you take it up.

Also, you should probably redesign your resume to be specific to where youre applying. I hate hate hate seeing general objectives, and when you call up the interviewee asks me if I can remind them of what they applied for.

I dont really think its about stqnding out, but just having a more narrowed skill set. At least, thats what my family has taught me.

OP
OP
S

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two years of schooling for a certificate wouldn't be ideal for my situation. I'm 3 years deep into IU. Id hate to not finish that first.
I'm going tomorrow to Kokomo to check on all my apps there. I'll go by ivy tech and see what they say about their certificate program. I'm pretty sure they just require you pass a test for a number of them. Just got home from wabash checking on the apps there and now eating and going to logansport.

All the factories in wabash and logansport are en espanol too. That may be another issue. My citizenship is too legit.

Twelve...you need to take up that job offer. I don't think I can meet the requirements of no requirements.

twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Twelve...you need to take up that job offer. I don't think I can meet the requirements of no requirements.

I'll pass. I work in IT at one of the biggest companies in my state. I'm set for the rest of my career, unless I just get a wild hair and get bored here. That would involve giving up a pension and other nice benefits, though.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back