I Need advice regarding bubble coral

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love bubble corals and I have two in my tank. During the earlier parts o f the day my large bubble coral the green opens wide, however it seems as if it is closing up more than what is used to do. It seems to close up more as the evening approaches. See picture where it is closing up. The smaller bubble coral stays open all day until the lights go out. I had the water tested today and the store said everything was fine including phosphate and Calcium. I have a 65 gallon Oceanview aquarium with T5 lights 3 white and 2 blue. At first I only had 2 white and 2 blue on. I recently turned on the other white bulb. As anyone seen this type of behavior in their bubble coral??? I feed it the small pink ship that you purchase in the pet store. I feed it once a week. Could it be the light?

download (11).jpeg download (10).jpeg download (9).jpeg download (12).jpeg download (14).jpeg

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are about the same distance. Actually the smaller one is a little higher.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are about the same distance. Actually the smaller one is a little higher.
Is there anything blocking the light to the smaller one, like a brace? If not, then my idea that it's the lighting is probably wrong...

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything blocking the light to the smaller one, like a brace? If not, then my idea that it's the lighting is probably wrong...
Today is if doing fine. By staying at home and watching it I realize that it is full blown in the day and tries to go to sleep early. I tried to feet it but it was not hungry today. Thank you!! for your suggestions,

Attachments

• download (69).jpeg
    download (69).jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 19

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is if doing fine. By staying at home and watching it I realize that it is full blown in the day and tries to go to sleep early. I tried to feet it but it was not hungry today. Thank you!! for your suggestions,
Glad it's doing well :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back