I Need advice regarding bubble coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa Cain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lisa Cain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
779
Reaction score
455
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love bubble corals and I have two in my tank. During the earlier parts o f the day my large bubble coral the green opens wide, however it seems as if it is closing up more than what is used to do. It seems to close up more as the evening approaches. See picture where it is closing up. The smaller bubble coral stays open all day until the lights go out. I had the water tested today and the store said everything was fine including phosphate and Calcium. I have a 65 gallon Oceanview aquarium with T5 lights 3 white and 2 blue. At first I only had 2 white and 2 blue on. I recently turned on the other white bulb. As anyone seen this type of behavior in their bubble coral??? I feed it the small pink ship that you purchase in the pet store. I feed it once a week. Could it be the light?

download (11).jpeg download (10).jpeg download (9).jpeg download (12).jpeg download (14).jpeg
 
They are about the same distance. Actually the smaller one is a little higher.
 
They are about the same distance. Actually the smaller one is a little higher.
Is there anything blocking the light to the smaller one, like a brace? If not, then my idea that it's the lighting is probably wrong...
 
Is there anything blocking the light to the smaller one, like a brace? If not, then my idea that it's the lighting is probably wrong...
Today is if doing fine. By staying at home and watching it I realize that it is full blown in the day and tries to go to sleep early. I tried to feet it but it was not hungry today. Thank you!! for your suggestions,
 

Attachments

  • download (69).jpeg
    download (69).jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 51
Today is if doing fine. By staying at home and watching it I realize that it is full blown in the day and tries to go to sleep early. I tried to feet it but it was not hungry today. Thank you!! for your suggestions,
Glad it's doing well :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new