I need feedback for my sump design

  • Thread starter Thread starter phuongtp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

phuongtp

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Viet Nam
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I designed this sump for my 60x40x40 tank. Do you have any feedback for optimizing the system?
Screenshot 2025-04-03 090524.png
 
I would do without the triple baffle design and just have one 20cm tall baffle separating the 2 compartment to save on glass and give yourself more room for the DSB.
 
I would do without the triple baffle design and just have one 20cm tall baffle separating the 2 compartment to save on glass and give yourself more room for the DSB.
Do you mean no bubble trap for the first chamber? And by that, the water height in the second chamber will be the same?
 
Are you including any mechanical filtration (filter socks, roller, etc?) Are you including a bubble trap? I would consider making the last baffle adjustable so you can control sump height.
 
Are you including any mechanical filtration (filter socks, roller, etc?) Are you including a bubble trap? I would consider making the last baffle adjustable so you can control sump height.
Yes, filter socks will be on the first chamber. I already designed 2 bubble traps, but it seems no space for refugium
 
You only need the one bubble trap, right infront of the return pump. The other is not necessary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new