I NEED HELP OR HE WILL DIE

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my dads house for 2 days and when I came my coral beauty was almost bullied to death. he IS IN SO BAD condition and I really need help. His fins are shredded by his main problem is his swim bladder! Right now he’s being held in a 5 1/2 gallon tank with nothing in it with hopes to get him back to health. What can I do for a swim bladder and buoyancy as well as the aggression between the two fish. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. I also want to note that I am only a teen who love the reef hobby but I don’t have the money to replace him and I love this specific fish. Thank for the help!

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he unable to leave the surface, or unable to get to leave the bottom?

Was this a newly added fish? Or was some new other fish added that did the bullying?

Honestly I don't have high hopes but you never know.

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he unable to leave the surface, or unable to get to leave the bottom?

Was this a newly added fish? Or was some new other fish added that did the bullying?

Honestly I don't have high hopes but you never know.
Can leave the surface for the most part and the newest fish wad bullying him( lemon tang) and the coral beauty has been an OG to my tank he’s been there for a while and thanks

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can leave the surface for the most part and the newest fish wad bullying him( lemon tang) and the coral beauty has been an OG to my tank he’s been there for a while and thanks
Bummer. Very sorry to hear it. You never know. Maybe it will work out. Keep him in isolation and feed him a high protein food like mysis. If he makes it through the night maybe put a piece of LR in there for him to graze on if he feels up to it. If he makes it to the morning, get a seachem ammonia alert badge to make sure the hospital tank doesn't end up with too much ammonia. With physical trauma like this I tend to wait and see, but maybe someone else will chime in.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back