I need help please RED SEA Light issues due to app

BobFageUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
History: I purchased a complete system tank, lights, skimmer - all Red Reef. I was recommended by the local Red Sea Agent and they have been very supportive. I started the tank 11 months ago and now have 29 corals and 10 fish. all is happy except I was over feeding and was instructed to do a couple water changes cut down on the food and reduce the lights half hour each end of the day. OK did all that but when I changed the setting in the app the end of the world happened for me.

Firstly chaps please remember I am wheelchair bound so even the lamps are out of reach as is most of the sump etc.. I manage the best I can, my wife helps but she recently broke her wrist so not as much help now. The fish shop pops in about once every 14 days sometimes more often.

The app just will not work for me. I use an I phone 8 plus and up to date. I log my email address in and my password. Which Red Sea confirm they have access to my light system. They sent me out overnight a new power pack as the left light is not working. I read all the information about removing the battery etc., and even the shop knew about that. They have a spare head to replace if need be. But RedSea thinks it is the power pack which will be replaced later today by the Fish Shop. But we still have this issue of the app. I have uninstalled it a dozen times and reinstalled it. I checked in the cloud and it is not there when I delete it. But every time I try to log on it tells me the information is incorrect. Red sea have passed it to the app people who are in Israel ? but so far they cannot sort it. there suggestion is to use an Android unit... I use Apple and always have for 10 years or more I do not want to buy a new phone and re register.. Anyone have any ideas no matter how strange as long as it is sensible I would like to hear suggestions other than throw it away. I cannot afford to change the lighting. I cannot understood and I enter the correct info to log in and it just will not accept it. Red Sea as I said say the details are correct and they can access it b ut I cannot..HELP please

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump,

Any RSR folk around tonight to help? :)

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your issue? My lights have worked flawlessly

Bxr126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I did not read the entire post. To me it sounds like a phone/app issue. So when you open the WiFi settings on your phone the light isn’t showing up? Out of curiosity do you have multiple WiFi networks?

OP
OP
BobFageUK

BobFageUK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue has been solved by my local fish shop and Red Sea. Interesting that Red Sea say they have never had this issue before, however a day after they sorted my issue via Israeli App department a general notification has been sent out to all registered owners of the 50 and 90 light units re connectivity and they say that they are aware of an issue and a patch will be available in a couple of days. So was I the only one that had the problem. Red Sea sent out a new power pack but it was clearly a software problem re connectivity. The local Red Sea authorised dealer where all my kit comes from in the UK came out to install the power pack that had been sent direct to me. A lot of scratching heads and a very long telephone call between Red Sea and the person from the shop plus at the right moment Israel came up with a work around and I now have e both lights working. But it is a case of beware a new issue of the firmware is due anytime now... thanks to all that tried too look at the issue on R2R

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue has been solved by my local fish shop and Red Sea. Interesting that Red Sea say they have never had this issue before, however a day after they sorted my issue via Israeli App department a general notification has been sent out to all registered owners of the 50 and 90 light units re connectivity and they say that they are aware of an issue and a patch will be available in a couple of days. So was I the only one that had the problem. Red Sea sent out a new power pack but it was clearly a software problem re connectivity. The local Red Sea authorised dealer where all my kit comes from in the UK came out to install the power pack that had been sent direct to me. A lot of scratching heads and a very long telephone call between Red Sea and the person from the shop plus at the right moment Israel came up with a work around and I now have e both lights working. But it is a case of beware a new issue of the firmware is due anytime now... thanks to all that tried too look at the issue on R2R
I received that notification myself a couple of days ago. Really interesting to hear that your issue was what sparked it. As a fellow reefer thank you for spending the time with the Red Sea support crew to help them identify the problem - we all benefit from the time you invested in this. Hopefully Red Sea value your input and provide you some in kind return down the track.

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say I have 2 red sea LED's and they have been rock solid. I'm sorry to hear you have had issue but hopefully no more for you. Their great lights imo hope it's smooth sailing for you from here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back