I need help with a Snail ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Woodzy994
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Woodzy994

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi is this actually a nassarius snail or something else the shell looks different from my other nassarius snails.

Thanks in advance.

20260320_134036.jpg 20260320_134109.jpg 20260320_134145.jpg 20260320_133839.jpg 20260320_133307.jpg 20260320_133155.jpg
 
It is probably a species of the snails we usually call nassarius snails. I have a hard time figuring out which species it is. The genus contains hundreds of species and is known to be difficult to determine as the appearance can vary greatly within the same species. If you google Ilyanassa obsoleta and compare, it might give you some ideas

Sincerely Lasse
 
Thanks for your help guys 👍
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new