I need help

mattprice252

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m still pretty new to saltwater I’ve had my tank for like 4 months I’ve had one mishap like I spoke about before but now idk what’s going on in my tank I have a piece of organ coral that’s white that won’t open up all my other coral is fine. My goby died and now both my mochas are acting funny. My pistol shrimp seems to be ok but I’m no exactly sure either. Their gills are pumping hard all my parameters are normal no ammonia nitrites and trates are all zero I feed frozen and brine and flakes I alternate foods and everything one of my mochas has a parasite it a white long tubular poop hanging from anus I treated with focus and metro doesn’t seem to be helping at all and all these issues started a few days ago I monitored for a few days then went and got meds. I believe something is in my tank I just can’t figure out what it is

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? Normal does not help anyone who's trying to help you! :)

Are you dosing anything at all?

How do you go about aerating your water? (skimmer, air pump etc)

Are you using RO water or tap water?

Also a picture would help!

Word of advice! Make your subject line as precise as you can, it makes it easier to attract the right crowd - the ones you actually need to help you! See the post in my signature on how to ask questions!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m still pretty new to saltwater I’ve had my tank for like 4 months I’ve had one mishap like I spoke about before but now idk what’s going on in my tank I have a piece of organ coral that’s white that won’t open up all my other coral is fine. My goby died and now both my mochas are acting funny. My pistol shrimp seems to be ok but I’m no exactly sure either. Their gills are pumping hard all my parameters are normal no ammonia nitrites and trates are all zero I feed frozen and brine and flakes I alternate foods and everything one of my mochas has a parasite it a white long tubular poop hanging from anus I treated with focus and metro doesn’t seem to be helping at all and all these issues started a few days ago I monitored for a few days then went and got meds. I believe something is in my tank I just can’t figure out what it is

It is probable that the coral is dying, but that isn't related to the fish issues. Can you post a video of the fish?

this post explains the information that we need to try and help you:

Jay

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you get it figured out soon. My tank had a copper poisoning from a brass fitting. Could there possibly be something in your water or equipment ?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Head off to your LFS and pick up an ICP test if you can not pin point what the issue will be and what the source is after advice given in this thread.

OP
OP
mattprice252

mattprice252

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you get it figured out soon. My tank had a copper poisoning from a brass fitting. Could there possibly be something in your water or equipment ?
I have fluval flex I haven’t seen any brass fittings at all. One of my buddies was thinking oxygen issue and I’m kinda thinking that maybe my pump isn’t strong enough maybe. I’ll post a video when I get home this afternoon to help out.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fluval flex I haven’t seen any brass fittings at all. One of my buddies was thinking oxygen issue and I’m kinda thinking that maybe my pump isn’t strong enough maybe. I’ll post a video when I get home this afternoon to help out.
.. as well as answering the questions asked in the post also ;) Hope all will be okay for you; try not to worry!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back