I need ideas for a new skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,265
Reaction score
11,210
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm going to build a new zoanthid tank myself and I want to get some suggestions for a hang-on skimmer.
The tank is going to be a little over 50 gallons ( 30" x 20" x 20" ) with a 25 gallon sump.
I don't really have much room in the sump. The stand was not built with a skimmer in mind. Kind of short.

I have a brand new SWC BH100F and a new atman pump is on the way, but I'm having second thoughts about using this skimmer. It's a little too big and bulky.

I plan on this tank being a zoanthid tank with maybe a few mini's and a couple small fish.

What would be a good small hang-on skimmer that is smaller than the SWC BH 100F.
It's 13" x 17" x 4" and add another 4" inside the tank for the suction and return lines.
 
No opinions?
 
I can't believe no one has a suggestion or opinion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new