mfinn
likes zoanthids
View Badges
Ultimate Member
Partner Member 2026
Partner Member 2027
Reef Tank 365
Photo of the Month
R2R App User
Pacific Northwest Reefers
My Aquarium Showcase
- Joined
- Jul 22, 2006
- Messages
- 14,265
- Reaction score
- 11,210
- Location
- Olympia, WA.
- What state or country do you live in
- Washington
I'm going to build a new zoanthid tank myself and I want to get some suggestions for a hang-on skimmer.
The tank is going to be a little over 50 gallons ( 30" x 20" x 20" ) with a 25 gallon sump.
I don't really have much room in the sump. The stand was not built with a skimmer in mind. Kind of short.
I have a brand new SWC BH100F and a new atman pump is on the way, but I'm having second thoughts about using this skimmer. It's a little too big and bulky.
I plan on this tank being a zoanthid tank with maybe a few mini's and a couple small fish.
What would be a good small hang-on skimmer that is smaller than the SWC BH 100F.
It's 13" x 17" x 4" and add another 4" inside the tank for the suction and return lines.
The tank is going to be a little over 50 gallons ( 30" x 20" x 20" ) with a 25 gallon sump.
I don't really have much room in the sump. The stand was not built with a skimmer in mind. Kind of short.
I have a brand new SWC BH100F and a new atman pump is on the way, but I'm having second thoughts about using this skimmer. It's a little too big and bulky.
I plan on this tank being a zoanthid tank with maybe a few mini's and a couple small fish.
What would be a good small hang-on skimmer that is smaller than the SWC BH 100F.
It's 13" x 17" x 4" and add another 4" inside the tank for the suction and return lines.