I need my lobo experts

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2023
Messages
3,158
Reaction score
2,642
Location
Falmouth
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some context, yesterday I picked up this wild Australian lobo. Dipped it and placed it on the sandbed in a low flow area. It is a wild caught piece so it did have some burrowing clam holes but they were obviously dead so they shouldn't be a problem. My tank is 7 months old and I was already running GFO but I added alittle more just to be safe. However this is my first time keeping lobos so i do need some advice. This is him today
20230908_150856.jpg

Does he look good? Will the skeleton that's poked through be covered or is that damage? And I need to know, I saw this today.
20230908_150807.jpg
20230908_150812.jpg

In the mouth, is that just part of the anatomy or is that something I should be concerned about. I'm praying to god that that isn't a gall crab. I need R2R lobo experts to help me not kill this.

Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new