I need serious help

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am using tap water for top off. I am think of getting a rodi unit from Bulk Reef Supply. Would you recommend that? Also, my tank is not to close to a window.

Tap water is a culprit to the cause. Yes- even a used unit. Try for now until you get a unit- 5 gal jugs of water from LFS or even Walmart dispenser system at .37 per gallon
Indirect sunlight from a window will also be a cause, Reduce the brightness of your white lights

DaNkness

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is filled with algae what do I do?
7caa8e439c35e34e7cb61de3bf2336a1.jpg
f41e192c000094c00e866e4c68171bff.jpg
f5a785fe94891fd54a73fb0d018e4b5a.jpg
Go to marine depot and search for brightwell razor. Use that for a week at or just below the recommended dose it will eat away at the algae and release the rest from the rock so that u can easily remove it from the tank via water changes (w/rodi). From the looks of your tank you will probably want to run a chemi clean treatment for all the cyano about a week after you treat for algae. And for sure u need to stop using tap water if you want to stop having algae grow in your tank. If not it will just come right back. Best of luck!

OP
OP
Fish_Tank_J

Fish_Tank_J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to marine depot and search for brightwell razor. Use that for a week at or just below the recommended dose it will eat away at the algae and release the rest from the rock so that u can easily remove it from the tank via water changes (w/rodi). From the looks of your tank you will probably want to run a chemi clean treatment for all the cyano about a week after you treat for algae. And for sure u need to stop using tap water if you want to stop having algae grow in your tank. If not it will just come right back. Best of luck!

Will the brightwell razor harm anything

JEREMY82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a friend he was getting water from lfs or walmart.. he had hair algae bad .. come to find out the water they was giving him was having tds reading,what I mite do in this situation is slowly bring mag up a bit,bringing mag up is known to choke out the algae .. cut the whites back ,see if the water you are getting is tainted.use toothbrush and fish net and remove as much as you can .. find a schedule that works and stick with it . Chemicals are just a band aid it will come back if underlying issue is not fixxed .. run the skimmer so you get a bit more wet skim ,make sure you have a good clean up crew ..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.5%
Back