I Need some electrical help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RODI system that I want to wire in a seloniod valve in to. To control water input.
I use smart outlets to control all of my aquarium devices. Can I in some way connect a valve to a power supply to use with a smart outlet?
I was looking at this on Amazon to use for a valve. Not sure if I can just get a power supply to turn this on when I want.
https://a.co/d/cw982eG
Thanks
 
It does require 12v . You will need a brick to change the a/c current to d/c current
 
It does require 12v . You will need a brick to change the a/c current to d/c current
I was looking on Amazon, but couldn't find the right voltage and watts
 
autotopoff.com/Solenoids/index.html

Or buy one that is 120 volts with the cable already soldered and the 1/4” poly fittings installed
 
autotopoff.com/Solenoids/index.html

Or buy one that is 120 volts with the cable already soldered and the 1/4” poly fittings installed
To expensive for my liking. Amazon is your friend:)
 
In my opinion, you need a controllable AC power outlet (110V–220V). Then use an adapter to convert AC to DC (12V/24V) and plug it into that outlet. After that, directly connect it to the solenoid valve, and that should be sufficient.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new