I officially suck at this.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you start your cycle in the new tank?

AstroCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 ppm nitrate is fine. Stop trying to micro manage your tank it will always backfire.
No truer words than that last sentence. The more you mess with things the worse the outcome is, generally speaking of course.

Edit: At the same time I would personally be concerned if I was having detectable ammonia on a quality test kit this far into the tank lifecycle.

OP
OP
O

oddmegameg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the addition of live rock and neutralizing the ammonia, is my setup indicative of something that should work? Like it should theoretically do what it needs to...also I am not too keen on these Xport Bio-blocks...

fishynate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn’t have detectable ammonia at this point. It sounds like you just cycled with “live” sand. I would invest in some bacteria to help complete your cycle or add some diversity to your micro biome. Microbacter, Fritz, etc.
if that doesn’t work - or even if it does - you may want to consider setting up a refugium in your sump if you haven’t already.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back