I really wish....

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#MODS Why did one of my post get deleted because it was deemed "unnecessary"? Everything I suggested was meant to be helpful.

Could someone please explain this to me?

Last edited:

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember if your post in question was in regards to corals that some keep needing a prescription for a condition to make them not look so sad ? If it helps the corals for more than four hours, you may need to contact your LFS. Or have some sort of expert panel to weigh in for a consensus (now it's relevant to the thread, lol).

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The friendly jabs @SeaDweller and @Chaswood79 take at eachother is always amusing, but yeah, I was wondering how long the posts referring to a certain "condition" would last.
;Hilarious

Haha. Yeah the friendly jabs are why I subscribed to this thread.

I know what posts your referring to and I never commented on those. Curious as to what I said that was deemed unnecessary.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember if your post in question was in regards to corals that some keep needing a prescription for a condition to make them not look so sad ? If it helps the corals for more than four hours, you may need to contact your LFS. Or have some sort of expert panel to weigh in for a consensus (now it's relevant to the thread, lol).

Nope that wasn't me.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#MODS Why did one of my post get deleted because it was deemed "unnecessary"? Everything I suggested was meant to be helpful.

Could someone please explain this to me?

Since I haven't seen our friendly reminder in some time, now is a good time. We are family friendly site with some fairly young members. I know of a seven year old who frequents our site. A number of posts were removed from this thread because they violated our Terms of Agreement. We do not allow adult humor, vulgarity, masked vulgarity or videos/memes/gifs that contain vulgarity/adult humor. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one ever said don’t give certain advice. I said don’t give specific type of coral advice if you don’t have any experience with said coral type. There’s many ppl that don’t agree with the advice I give and many ppl I don’t agree with as well but I, and “most” of them prove that our advice works with pics of our success.
Never owned a Ferrari doesn't mean that I don't understand how the components of a car work. 300k or 20k many times the same basic pricipals apply. Actually to take it a bit further, tinkering with cars my whole life I would bet that I have a better understanding of how to repair a Ferrari vs 75% or more of the people who own one.

Yes. I understand that this is a reef forum. Just because someone doesnt have a ton of photos of a beautiful SPS loaded tank and tons of high end equipment doesn't mean that they don't understand how to care for a coral. One can spend a few months ingesting copious amounts of information on forums and YouTube and the web and have more knowledge than half the amount of people that go out and buy a frag of acro and throw it in their tank.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I haven't seen our friendly reminder in some time, now is a good time. We are family friendly site with some fairly young members. I know of a seven year old who frequents our site. A number of posts were removed from this thread because they violated our Terms of Agreement. We do not allow adult humor, vulgarity, masked vulgarity or videos/memes/gifs that contain vulgarity/adult humor. Thank for understanding.

I 100% completely agree with this. I just don't know what I posted that violated the Terms of Agreement. I made some suggestions to possibly help the OP that didn't come across as the most popular. However, it should not have been deleted. Just want to know if this was a mistake or if I am going to start being censored if I throw out an unpopular idea.

Could you please let me know what post you are referring to?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me after stopping by

1598304248742.gif

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 100% completely agree with this. I just don't know what I posted that violated the Terms of Agreement. I made some suggestions to possibly help the OP that didn't come across as the most popular. However, it should not have been deleted. Just want to know if this was a mistake or if I am going to start being censored if I throw out an unpopular idea.

Could you please let me know what post you are referring to?
If you got a notification that a post was removed a mod may have accidentally deleted your post (simple accidental click of a checkbox) when cleaning up this thread. If that was the case it has been restored by now. There were several sexual references Etc. That have been removed (none of which belonged to you. I went through your posting history back to 7/24 and there were no deleted or removed posts.

FWIW we never moderate opinion or even “bad advice”. What I consider bad advice someone else may not. We leave that up for respectful discussion/debate between the members of the community. This hobby has so many routes that can lead to success and respectful debate and many new techniques to solving issues have taken place right here at R2R through discussion, experimenting, and sharing with the community. The only post that ever gets removed or edited is one in which that violates the TOS. (Which has nothing to do with opinion).

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never owned a Ferrari doesn't mean that I don't understand how the components of a car work. 300k or 20k many times the same basic pricipals apply. Actually to take it a bit further, tinkering with cars my whole life I would bet that I have a better understanding of how to repair a Ferrari vs 75% or more of the people who own one.

Yes. I understand that this is a reef forum. Just because someone doesnt have a ton of photos of a beautiful SPS loaded tank and tons of high end equipment doesn't mean that they don't understand how to care for a coral. One can spend a few months ingesting copious amounts of information on forums and YouTube and the web and have more knowledge than half the amount of people that go out and buy a frag of acro and throw it in their tank.
Your analogy is not remotely relatable. If research and YouTube was the only knowledge needed to grow acros specifically there would not be as many death threads. I’d wish you luck on your new tank but it sounds like you know everything already. Thanks for playing

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got a notification that a post was removed a mod may have accidentally deleted your post (simple accidental click of a checkbox) when cleaning up this thread. If that was the case it has been restored by now. There were several sexual references Etc. That have been removed (none of which belonged to you. I went through your posting history back to 7/24 and there were no deleted or removed posts.

FWIW we never moderate opinion or even “bad advice”. What I consider bad advice someone else may not. We leave that up for respectful discussion/debate between the members of the community. This hobby has so many routes that can lead to success and respectful debate and many new techniques to solving issues have taken place right here at R2R through discussion, experimenting, and sharing with the community. The only post that ever gets removed or edited is one in which that violates the TOS. (Which has nothing to do with opinion).

Thank you. I figured it was an accident but wanted to confirm.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your analogy is not remotely relatable. If research and YouTube was the only knowledge needed to grow acros specifically there would not be as many death threads. I’d wish you luck on your new tank but it sounds like you know everything already. Thanks for playing
Let’s stop with the personal attacks. There won’t be more friendly warnings here. Let’s stop attacking each other and have a friendly discussion.

Palegic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks bud. And, it's totally relatable. Someone who has many years experience in maintaining water quality and keeping coral even if they had few SPS can still offer valuable advice regarding keeping SPS or not especially because success is often attributed toward consistency in water quality. I personally don't know remotely know everything about reef keeping I would be the first to admit the spectrum of my knowledge is reletively narrow. But, thanks for showing everyone your feeling if dislike toward my post by with your passive aggressive response to my specific "knowledge".

Last edited:

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think this is exactly what the OP was getting at.

If I owned a $300k Ferrari then I would want to hear from the mechanic that specializes in repairing expensive Ferrari's. Not the mechanic that "tinker's" with cars.

Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, SPS systems are one of the more difficult systems to keep along with the most expensive. Would be good to know if you were getting sound advice from someone who has a lot of experience in the subject of discussion(SPS, LPS, NPS, FISH, INVERTS, ETC), or someone who just"tinker's" around with that area.

I believe the OP was just suggesting that if someone doesn't have a lot of experience with SPS, etc then they probably shouldn't be giving people information as it could be the wrong information.

Back