OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The dog had the biggest smile all day then came home and passed out. When we got home we found Picasso hanging out in a hole right by Skyler’s hole.
ACE8FD87-124D-41E7-96FD-9F752F77D1C2.jpeg

Hidely ho neighborino!
3D0B91D3-2658-412B-94A5-1E6B604A9C16.jpeg

Picaso must knows every inch of the rock work by now. He is almost always grounded, but we find him all over the reef in interesting spots.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats some flow in your tank
It is. I stop all pumps for 10-15 minutes while feeding. After, I start the gyre to get anything settled moving around the display. Then I add the returns after a couple of minutes (both came on for the video). Each stage adds about 600 GPH of flow in the 30 gallon display. For my mixed reef I feel it is near the limit for the LPS, good flow for the anemone and the minimum for the SPS. The flow is directed to be maximized for the SPS.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't turn off my return for feeding but I do turn off my circulating pumps. I like that the returns push the food around the tank for some of the non aggressive feeders to get some out of harms way.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) @NY_Caveman your not very good at keeping secrets
Ha! That totally took me a moment to figure out! Then I remembered I changed my custom title. I am actually excellent at keeping other’s secrets, but my own life tends to be an open book. #HonestyInLife

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! That totally took me a moment to figure out! Then I remembered I changed my custom title. I am actually excellent at keeping other’s secrets, but my own life tends to be an open book. #HonestyInLife

Me too.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the nice comments. I shot a pretty good video feeding the new Lobophyllia today. I sped it up to really show off his behavior. This was 16 minutes sped up to a 30 second video (32x). Pretty awesome creature. I still did not clean the glass, LOL.

Getting caught up! That is a great video!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting caught up! That is a great video!
Thanks man! After I shot it I was like, no one will sit through 16 minutes of that. Glad I busted the tripod out to record it. LOL

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Thanks all for the nice comments. I shot a pretty good video feeding the new Lobophyllia today. I sped it up to really show off his behavior. This was 16 minutes sped up to a 30 second video (32x). Pretty awesome creature. I still did not clean the glass, LOL.

Nice video. You know the funny part is that it sort of feels like a bait and switch. You are feeding one minute, quickly, then I found myself looking at the rest of the video and what cool things I could see. Low and behold I spotted an amphipod or other small creature of similar type that then drew me in! I mean if you look closely you can see them all but then there is this darker and longer fella that comes in at around the :22 - :23 mark and I'm like cool.

Now I feel like a stalker.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video. You know the funny part is that it sort of feels like a bait and switch. You are feeding one minute, quickly, then I found myself looking at the rest of the video and what cool things I could see. Low and behold I spotted an amphipod or other small creature of similar type that then drew me in! I mean if you look closely you can see them all but then there is this darker and longer fella that comes in at around the :22 - :23 mark and I'm like cool.

Now I feel like a stalker.

I stalk my tank all the time. There are tons of pods, ministars, worms, baby snails, etc. I see them photobombing all the time, but at the high speed a couple of critters really stood out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back