OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching the Spotcinctus Clownfish a lot today (I am just going to start calling him Nemo since that is what my kids do no matter what I want to call him). My feeling is he may now be a she. When I first bought “him” there were 6 Clownfish in the LFS tank. There was a clear female about double the size of the rest and very dark in color (typical for a big female). The one I picked was in the middle. He was quite yellow.

Then
583E0243-B564-4131-9F43-F465E5D7789C.jpeg

Now
7ECFC548-7DBB-4B7E-9359-693B36702473.png

Now, she is much bigger and darker. Not just bigger, but thicker. I have been thinking a lot about adding a second Clownfish. When I was considering upgrading the tank, that was a big reason to do so. Now that I have decided not to, I still think about adding one. My feeling is a second fish that would be male would not get as big and demand so much extra space. Of course, it is likely my current tank is not even big enough for the one I have so the point might be moot. Typical reef conundrum. I want what I cannot have.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for all of the support. Sometimes I treat this site like what I wish a site like Facebook was. A place you can post what is personal and encourage growth.

#HonestyInReefing
#HonestyInLife

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching the Spotcinctus Clownfish a lot today (I am just going to start calling him Nemo since that is what my kids do no matter what I want to call him). My feeling is he may now be a she. When I first bought “him” there were 6 Clownfish in the LFS tank. There was a clear female about double the size of the rest and very dark in color (typical for a big female). The one I picked was in the middle. He was quite yellow.

Then
583E0243-B564-4131-9F43-F465E5D7789C.jpeg

Now
7ECFC548-7DBB-4B7E-9359-693B36702473.png

Now, she is much bigger and darker. Not just bigger, but thicker. I have been thinking a lot about adding a second Clownfish. When I was considering upgrading the tank, that was a big reason to do so. Now that I have decided not to, I still think about adding one. My feeling is a second fish that would be male would not get as big and demand so much extra space. Of course, it is likely my current tank is not even big enough for the one I have so the point might be moot. Typical reef conundrum. I want what I cannot have.

May be a life conundrum for many also! Reef imitating life!

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a lovely, comfortable space.
Thanks. I am trying the other end of the couch this morning. I thing I may like this better.
B1D49B22-D035-41AD-9DD5-B4C5A9C3D401.jpeg

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant go wrong either way. That is one thing I wish I had a great place to watch my tank and be slouched and comfy.
Your tank and stand unit are beautiful (I know you do not feel that way at the moment :(). It is a work of art really, but I get what you are saying. The thing that always concerned me was having fish where I was eating. Seemed weird. When I got married 15 years ago, we almost had the reception at Mystic Aquarium. We thought folks might find it weird when considering a menu surrounded by live seafood.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a good friend. Some one to sit and watch the tank with you day and night.
Who never complains
IMG_1003-M.jpg
Unfortunately...

EDIT: the main song is at 1:24 in.

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back