I think I blasted this bubble coral

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, So my friend is breaking down his tank and gave me a green bubble. it wasn't looking so hot when I got it. Anyway He yanked it out of the tank before it had a chance to deflate. I winced at that but didn't say anything of course. His tank is in pretty bad shape & literally overrun with kenya tree .
So I get this thing home.It's attached to a fist sized rock with a "ton" of algae & crud. There was a huge kenya on it as well !
The salinity was 1.o20 . I put the tupperware container it was in into the sump for temp acclimation. I had new water that was 1.o22, 1.o23 . So I placed it in this new water & started cleaning up . I ended up taking a cutting wheel to the rock to cut off what I could't get to & get it to sit flat. Heres where I think I did the most hurt. I dipped it in revive for 9 mins however I think I did 3 cups per cap gl instead of 4 cups per gl. That was Saturday. The flesh is torn, the bubbles are deflated. The mouth is intact. Yesterday it was agape but today it looks like it tightened up . I placed it in a lower light less flow spot in the corner. Hope it makes it.. what do Ya think? Here's a couple of pics

HPIM8932.JPG HPIM8932.JPG

skiergd011013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can only wait and see. Definitely make sure its in gentle flow. I have irritated bubble coral before and it looked awful, but perked right back up.

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'm thinking about finding (less flow) place for it. These things are pretty tough but I did it up good this time .

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking in. The bubble coral looks about the same which is not good ! If it looses all color, I'll pull it. Not sure if I want the tissue decaying in the tank.

OP
OP
cracker

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news ! I seems to be bubbling up ! I'd say 60/70% . Sorry bad location for a pic & I'm not going to mess with the critter.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back