I think I have a problem.

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my venture into salt water 3 months ago with a fluval evo 13.5. Since then I have added a Red Sea Max nano used for the basement which currently has a single blue-green chromis. I ha e a 20 gallon that will be setup as a quarantine tank. A 30 gallon that I just took the old silicone off and am about to reseal. I am thinking g this will be a frag tank since all my corals are growing really fast. And my friend is giving me a 55 gallon, that I’m thinking I’ll use as a rock flower only tank. And see if I can get some babies out of it. Or possibly find some one to give me a large aiptasia and see if I can breed nudibranch(I wish).

while all this is cool, my wife not so much into the multiple tanks but loves coral maybe more then I do. She helped me aquascape the tank in the basement and will be an LPS dominant tank with lots for euphylia.
Anyone have this situation before, how do I stop getting the side eye.

thanks for your time lol.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a million tips on how to keep a wife from killing me regarding my reefing addiction! Here's one for free: Have all your reefing related deliveries sent to a friends house and then bring things home when she's out!
Ha ha very devious or maybe very clever,what she doesnt know wont hurt her or shoukd i say hurt you ^_^

OP
OP
thatone08

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha you need find a " reefers anonymous " near you and practice the 12 steps of powerlessness over anything reef related ^_^
I checked this forum for meetings, but it was ads to BRS videos, and coral flash sales.

OP
OP
thatone08

thatone08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long you been doing this?
Reefing or the reefing addiction lol.

3 months.

small fluval to start. To get my feet wet. Loved it. Then bought the Red Sea Max nano, 350 used. Then the 20 and 30 were 15 for both. Red Sea will be part of the “zen den”, fluval currently in the kitchen but will end up where my wife wants its. Coral and snails only. The other 2 quarantine tank, had 2 clowns on me which seems like velvet, and want to keep my existing fish alive. The 30 will be a frag tank. Just for over growth in the smaller tanks. To grow out and trade or giveaway. If I can get something I need or don’t have by trading I’ll call that a win.

55 is free. No idea what to do with it when I get it. The wife is smitten by rock nems.

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefing or the reefing addiction lol.

3 months.

small fluval to start. To get my feet wet. Loved it. Then bought the Red Sea Max nano, 350 used. Then the 20 and 30 were 15 for both. Red Sea will be part of the “zen den”, fluval currently in the kitchen but will end up where my wife wants its. Coral and snails only. The other 2 quarantine tank, had 2 clowns on me which seems like velvet, and want to keep my existing fish alive. The 30 will be a frag tank. Just for over growth in the smaller tanks. To grow out and trade or giveaway. If I can get something I need or don’t have by trading I’ll call that a win.

55 is free. No idea what to do with it when I get it. The wife is smitten by rock nems.
Keep her happy and include her in your decision making. Nothing more beautiful than shutting off the tv or putting down the phone and watching the sun go down in your tank together. Quality time. Trust me...

Sounds like you have it all planned out. Enjoy the process. Best of luck to you and we're here for you.

RGC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 6 tanks in a few months(all frag tanks). Wife was ok w it when she sees extra $$ coming in... she also started to frag.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 63 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 51 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back