OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some of the things that looked like Dino like your video, but very very few. I saw Arthrops and even a couple nematodes and that was really cool. Everything else was different looking from the Dino pics you sent.
Thank you :)

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did not climb into one mass. Just redid the filter and shake test.

Temp 96.7 f
Salinity 1.026
Ph 7.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Calcium 460
Magnesium 1250
Alk 7.6
Phosphate 0.1

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added miracle mud for the refugium and live sand activator from indo pacific sea farms along with nitrifying bacteria and a couple types of live plankton and pods from various sources about a month ago so who knows what types of critters might be in my tank in varying amounts. I forgot to tell you that.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did not climb into one mass. Just redid the filter and shake test.

Temp 96.7 f
Salinity 1.026
Ph 7.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Calcium 460
Magnesium 1250
Alk 7.6
Phosphate 0.1
Another sign its diatom.
We need to bring down your no3. Help the system to mature and build its biological support system(nitrafying bacteria)
We will meed to run high quality carbon. I sent you a reactor. You will need to get good quality activated carbon.

Is your temperature really 96? This must be a typo right....?

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another sign its diatom.
We need to bring down your no3. Help the system to mature and build its biological support system(nitrafying bacteria)
We will meed to run high quality carbon. I sent you a reactor. You will need to get good quality activated carbon.

Is your temperature really 96? This must be a typo right....?
*facepalm* I’m always typing people’s temps for doctors. It should be a “7”.

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

I’m so glad it’s all normal. Thank you for taking the time to help me and teach me. I’m reading all the time, but it’s different when I see it in real life. I appreciate you. A lot.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you

I’m so glad it’s all normal. Thank you for taking the time to help me and teach me. I’m reading all the time, but it’s different when I see it in real life. I appreciate you. A lot.
No worries I do this as I can to anyone who need help.

Is your temp really 96?????

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature is 76.7 right now.
Actually the metal brackets from my t5 light are touching the water slightly.

I will do all of those things. I have been feeding A LOT several times a day. The anthias are looking fatter so maybe they are just pigs lol. I will do as you instructed. I will readjust my lighting schedule. I just noticed that the factory settings for the led light had the reds at 50 percent all day so I’ve moved it down some. Thank you :)

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temperature is 76.7 right now.
Actually the metal brackets from my t5 light are touching the water slightly.

I will do all of those things. I have been feeding A LOT several times a day. The anthias are looking fatter so maybe they are just pigs lol. I will do as you instructed. I will readjust my lighting schedule. I just noticed that the factory settings for the led light had the reds at 50 percent all day so I’ve moved it down some. Thank you :)
Omg i do not know where to start ha ha. That's how you end up with this algae.
No metal should touch the water it will corrode and leach cupper and all kind of bad metals.

Feeding is way too much.

Having the lights on all day is recipe for problems. U have to give time to your system to rest. Normal light cycle is 8 to 10h on rest off. Some do 12 hours but I do not.
Diatom love cupper, Si and al

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am just feeding the heck out of all this

I can fix it though. Every time I get close to the tank, my anthias go to the surface and bob their mouths out. I’ll start feeding twice a day and make sure to do it slow so that they don’t miss food in their frenzy and it land on the sand. I’m sure I have something to make the braces stand up higher in my nursing bag and if I don’t, I can cut a thin strip out of a pool noodle to rest on the top edge of the tank to raise the side metal brackets out of the water. My less have been on 12 hours (including the red spectrum on 50% *facepalm*)with an additional 4 hour moonlight period and my T5’s have been on 10-6 daily. That is being changed right now. I’m seeing how to custom program it now. The new lighting schedule will be 10-4.
Thank you.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am just feeding the heck out of all this

I can fix it though. Every time I get close to the tank, my anthias go to the surface and bob their mouths out. I’ll start feeding twice a day and make sure to do it slow so that they don’t miss food in their frenzy and it land on the sand. I’m sure I have something to make the braces stand up higher in my nursing bag and if I don’t, I can cut a thin strip out of a pool noodle to rest on the top edge of the tank to raise the side metal brackets out of the water. My less have been on 12 hours (including the red spectrum on 50% *facepalm*)with an additional 4 hour moonlight period and my T5’s have been on 10-6 daily. That is being changed right now. I’m seeing how to custom program it now. The new lighting schedule will be 10-4.
Thank you.
Ha ha ha.. STOP FEEDING LOL

OP
OP
willow659

willow659

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My laughing emoji didn’t show up in the post. I’m shaking my head at myself, but am slightly amused lol. My amusement might just be from relief. I never even noticed the metal brackets being slightly under the waters edge. I am so glad that you said that and I went to check over the tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back