I think my fire urchin is dying..

Bladeb126

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this guy, not even two days old in my tank.. my urchin lost its color and is barely moving. It’s losing its spines too.
I had it slowly acclimated.
All my inverts are doing fine in my tank as well.
Im at a loss here.

image.jpg
 
How was it acclimated and for how long?
Is it losing spines?
They do stress easily
 
How was it acclimated and for how long?
Is it losing spines?
They do stress easily
I had it acclimated for around an half hour or so, I had it dripped with my water in a bucket. His spines are falling off.
 
Spine bit i
I had it acclimated for around an half hour or so, I had it dripped with my water in a bucket. His spines are falling off.
spine bit is stress and 1/2 hour not near enough especially if salinity wasn’t equalized
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new