I want a blenny!

Sophie"s mom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2023
Messages
3,601
Reaction score
4,533
Location
Va.
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all! So I have a 90 gallon tank with 8 fish in it, and some coral and CUC. 3 of the fish I am not sure about with a new blenny addition. I have a six line wrasse, a diamond goby, and a yellow watchman goby. Can I add a blenny? And if so, what would be some good suggestions?
 
A midas blenny may work. When I had mine it spent a lot of time swimming in the open water and would even compete with the tangs for food. It had it's hidy holes it would hang out in but they were up high on the rocks. I never saw it perching on rocks down low where the diamond and watchman would be hanging out. I had a sixline in the tank with no issues.
 
A midas blenny may work. When I had mine it spent a lot of time swimming in the open water and would even compete with the tangs for food. It had it's hidy holes it would hang out in but they were up high on the rocks. I never saw it perching on rocks down low where the diamond and watchman would be hanging out. I had a sixline in the tank with no issues.
Excellent! I do like the Midas !
 
Sure. I have a smiths blenny in with a few other fish including a six line and watchman with no issues. In a another tank I have a molly Miller blenny with a yasha goby, Chalk basslet, and a flasher wrasse. Bonus for the molly miller: it eats algae.
 
1000007207.jpg

Tail spot. Spends his day picking algae off rocks and is super chill. I got the camera too close, that is his little hidey hole.
 
I vote Midas blenny, one of my favorite fish! But just make sure you have a secure lid. They get spooked easily and will jump
 
I vote Midas blenny, one of my favorite fish! But just make sure you have a secure lid. They get spooked easily and will jump
YEah, I have a good lid, but I had a fire fish that was able to go carpet surfing :confused: I think he just fit thru the mesh holes!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new