I want to add three female Lyretail Anthias to my tank at the same time; doable?

TSM Aquatics

josvanmeer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello all, as the title suggest I am currently placing an order somewhere and was hoping for some guidance on how to order these Lyretail Anthias for my reef tank, I have room for a bunch more fish and my wife (and I) really like these for a pop of color. Problem is I have read mostly that they do well when there is a male and a few females in a group together so theres a hierarchy in place; well the place I want to order them from is all out of male Lyretail Anthias and I dont want to go buy it from anywhere else. Is it OK to order 3 to 4 Lyretail Anthias females and place them in the tank at the same time, one will become male? Or will this turn into fightclub and death?

ReefMagnet

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would try to buy a group that already paired up. Live Aquaria sometimes has it. One would become female eventually and it’s always a good idea to add a school at same time rather than one after another to prevent aggression. Anthias are monster when it comes to fighting each other. They usually fight until there’s only one left if they don’t like each other

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I would try to buy a group that already paired up. Live Aquaria sometimes has it. One would become female eventually and it’s always a good idea to add a school at same time rather than one after another to prevent aggression. Anthias are monster when it comes to fighting each other. They usually fight until there’s only one left if they don’t like each other
Thats how i got my dispars. Live aquaria divers den often has trios and 6 packs of either dispars or lyretails. I love my dispars.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!
TSM Aquatics

Speaking of your latest coral purchase...

• It was a GREAT deal

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • It was a good deal

Votes: 88 32.5%
  • It was nether good nor bad

Votes: 65 24.0%
  • It was a bad deal

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.5%
Reef Chasers Aquaculture