I want to get into Acro, but nothing I see online blows me away. Any recommendations for acros with good fuzz and or lots of color?

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asd rainbow mille
CD211FD1-4F12-4EA4-81E5-C7EC6EBE715D.jpeg

sapphire mille
216B7D0D-A32C-489D-9AFB-E7FE8A49EC21.jpeg

These made the shortlist.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you order, be prepared to be disappointed when they arrive. Pretty much all pictures online are very generous as far as color goes. Still plenty of nice acros out there but try to see as many as possible in person before spending a lot of money.

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever you order, be prepared to be disappointed when they arrive. Pretty much all pictures online are very generous as far as color goes. Still plenty of nice acros out there but try to see as many as possible in person before spending a lot of money.

I buy livestock exclusively from one local store. Receiving shipments of livestock where I live now is inadvisable for a number of reasons.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go for acropora as much for their structure as their color. But to each, their own. I look at corals and some strike my eye and others are meh. I cannot really describe what I will like. So look at stuff and see what meets the eyeball and pocketbook test. There are quite a few established strains of corals out there. I would look at what some of the major aquaculture operations are selling. Battlecorals has great stuff and a big selection. I recently got a Battlebox. I ordered 10 corals and Adam sent me 12. All are thriving and there were some really chunky frags and had I ordered them a la carts, they would have cost twice as much. You can order a box and a description of what you like and Adam will try to fit the bill. Other well regarded operations are Jason Fox, World Wide Corals, Top Shelf Aquatics, Vivid Aquariums To name a few.

natesreef_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out top shelf aquatics, worldwide corals, pirates reef, etc. for eye candy & high quality price

JordanS01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walt Disney has been my favorite so far, a real looker with fuzz to love.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back