I was told it was Ich.

vannstockwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I lost many fish as I stated in my intro discussion, but I want learn more and I have learned that I don't trust my lfs so much yet. That jury is out. They scrapped a clown and told me it was ich and I thought I had brook. But looking at this fish I am not sure I don't also have velvet. Opinions? I am treating him with Cupramine and my tank is fallow. So I don't think I have to make any changes that way, but I am wanting to learn more. That is a before and after shot. I am going to learn to always do that as I get fish and progress with them for knowledge.
Blue-Streak-Wrasse.jpg
Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vannstockwell

vannstockwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was worried about his mouth after looking at this pick. I got another one.
Blue-Streak-Wrasse-2.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I lost many fish as I stated in my intro discussion, but I want learn more and I have learned that I don't trust my lfs so much yet. That jury is out. They scrapped a clown and told me it was ich and I thought I had brook. But looking at this fish I am not sure I don't also have velvet. Opinions? I am treating him with Cupramine and my tank is fallow. So I don't think I have to make any changes that way, but I am wanting to learn more. That is a before and after shot. I am going to learn to always do that as I get fish and progress with them for knowledge.
Blue-Streak-Wrasse.jpg
Thanks.
The growth on the mouth is probably lymphocystis. It's a usually harmless virus. But on the mouth, it could interfere with eating and breathing. It is possible to remove some of it from the mouth with tweezers. Best treatment for this "condition" is pristine water quality, low stress to the immune system, great quality foods + vitamins to boost that immune system.

OP
OP
vannstockwell

vannstockwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is just an update. The copper level in the QT tank is .54 on my Hanna checker. I am not sure what was in or around his mouth in the first post and it might have been food, but what I was referring too was his change in color. He was white and blue and now he is goldish brown too across the top of his body. I am still thinking it is marine velvet, but I am not sure. His mouth is fine in the second photo I posted. Just for clarity here it is again and none of the brown or gold was there before. He is still hanging on, but he is having a hard time. I thought he has been dead multiple times in the last two days.

Blue-Streak-Wrasse-2.jpg

OP
OP
vannstockwell

vannstockwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. Eight days into QT and my fish has started to swim again. I thought he was dead many times. I am a QT believer.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back