I would like to hear your thoughts?

potentially that looks to be a well designed model, and probably functions properly but unless you have all the necessary tool, materials, and info there is great probability for failure or malfuntion
 
I have all the skills and tools to build it and I can easily get all the material, I just don't want to spend the time building it for it to be a ok skimmer. But if it is a good skimmer and I can save 400 bucks then it's a no brainier. Maybe someone on the forum built one and can fill us in?
 
Why not just look at an Avast CS-1 build kit. It's a very inexpensive skimmer and is proven to perform well. Plus you get the fun of building it yourself......they just give you all of the pieces. It looks that this skimmer could work, but you would have to find a pump that would match to the skimmer size. Too big or too small and the skimmer wouldn't be effective. What size tank is this going on?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new