Ice Cap 240 AIO thoughts after purchase :(

offthehook

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
157
Location
Eastern NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought one of these and set it up yesterday in one of my back aio chambers and the micro bubbles to the display from this unit are insane. I have a double baffle between the skimmer and the return so was hoping it would dissipate before getting to the return. The fish and corals are certainly annoyed by it so I just cut it off and need to rethink. I have it where the top of skimmer body is about 2.5 inches from water line and cup is about 2 inches above skimmer body. There is an external control for the pump but I see absolutely no change when pressing the up or down buttons. The water level seems its not pumping high enough or I need to really lower my cup. The bracket will only let you out it but so low. I might tRy to order the magnet bracket. Regardless of that I can’t run to let it break in due to the fish and corals being so annoyed. No way they will tolerate it for a couple weeks. It has a small sponge on the bottom but it does not seem to be doing anything, Gah, wish I had gone with something else.
 
Not sure how wide your baffle is but you might try a piece of spaghetti mat if it will fit.
 
Not sure how wide your baffle is but you might try a piece of spaghetti mat if it will fit.
Thank you, I might could fit that but it would likely take up the entire width , not sure how much that will alter the flow to the return pump. I looked online but only saw them colored with the backing or if they did not have backing they were huge rolls of it. Any leads on smaller versions of this that would also be safe to use?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new