0   0   0
Any one tell me how easy or hard to use the WIFI to control the IceCAP 2Ks

wishntoboutside

Snow flake
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it SUCKS!!!! They don't stay connected and I hate them (I have 2 IceCap controllers and neither one works good)
For most it is really easy and there are great instruction on their site. I would ignore his post as every post possible he never has anything good to say about CoralVue products.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Daddy-o , when they cut out (go off line), do they continue to function/run at the last setting, or do they just stop? I bought two that I haven’t unboxed yet— curious what I might be in for.

OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it SUCKS!!!! They don't stay connected and I hate them (I have 2 IceCap controllers and neither one works good)
Thanks for the feed back.I am new to smart phones and don't need a headache to program it

OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most it is really easy and there are great instruction on their site. I would ignore his post as every post possible he never has anything good to say about CoralVue products.
What is easy for some and not others is always the case with anything.Do you program these once and then you are done?

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Daddy-o , when they cut out (go off line), do they continue to function/run at the last setting, or do they just stop? I bought two that I haven’t unboxed yet— curious what I might be in for.
They continue to run. I will connect both to my wifi and within a couple days they are not connected anymore. To make an adjustment I have to use BlueTooth or take the time to re-connect to wifi.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right, I don't like the IceCap controllers. They were a nightmare right out of the box. It took about 10 hours to get them running and they still dont work properly. CoralVue was no help, Carlos basically sent me a web link and told me to figure it out.

OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two 4k‘s back in the summer & have been very pleased. The latest software updates have made improvements. I would absolutely buy them again.
Thanks for the feedback.Could a novice with a smart phone be able to program it?

R.Weller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback.Could a novice with a smart phone be able to program it?
You bet. Watching the videos will help as it explains their terminology including ’presets’ & ‘triggers’. I understand some people have struggled getting the devices connected to their networks, but once you pass that step, configuring the operating modes is fairly straightforward.

I unplugged mine yesterday for maintenance & received an automated email after awhile saying the device had been offline for too long. I don’t otherwise have a controller, so I thought that was a nice benefit.

Memisis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the dual wifi and it works well. There was an issue with the hydros app basically killing the pumps but I was able to work with support, prove the defect, and find a solution using the web-based app. Not sure where they stand with the android app, but let's say they got some cahonies releasing and updating the app on friday/weekend.

Overall that's my only complaint and now I have a 10 minutes left to right sine cycle that my tank seems to like.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my experiences with CV, and specifically the IC2GC, i find it hard to believe Carlos simply tossed someone a link and left it at that. IME he was rather extensive with attempting to get my IC2GC back to life and in the end we had to swap it, which took a bit over one day shipping from Slidell LA to Vancouver Canada.

As for my experiences, the wifi is a better connection for the IC2GC and Wave engines that I have. I no longer ever use the bluetooth means, wifi is near instant responsiveness.

OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your responses.Trying to decide if i can use the WIFI to control the pump.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back