Ice cap gyre pumps idle

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the ice cap gyre 2k and 4K hooked up. I’m having issues with the app. The pumps were set on a schedule and ive tried to play around with them but nothing is really working. The main display in the app just shows them idle. I can click them and override it for min or max flow but Otherwsie they sit here barely pushing water... tried watching a few videos but nothing makes sense. Anyone have any feedback here?
8E850282-58EC-4A3F-9585-C61B55A603AB.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Something appears to not be saved
There are good tutorials on you tube

Nick Barbier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Gyre 2K about the same time off Amazon and had the same problem with it and even worse. After updating the firmware to version 190, the controller would shutdown after only 5 seconds. I am able to reboot the controller from the app, but when i do that, the 1K & 2K Gyre pumps get reset to idle.
I contacted CoralVue and they said that sometimes the firmware installed on the controller is so old that when it is updated to a newer version the controller no longer works properly anymore. CoralVue will send me a new controller if I send them the Proof of Purchase for the Gyre 2K. I did that this morning, we'll see what happens. In the mean time, I reconnected the 1K Gyre to it's manual controller. At least I will have one reliable powerhead if the house loses power and the controller does not restart the Gyre 2K when the power comes back on while I'm at work.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 2000 did the same thing after running the same schedule for a loooong time. power outage, then only could get it to run at full. reset, reschedule and nothing unless on full speed. pulled it and stored it then bough a cheap jebao which works fine. will revisit the ice cap again later but may pony up later for a maxspect again.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things are terrible. Make sure you KNOW how to disassemble them COMPLETELY before running them or you'll NEVER get them apart. They don't even provide info on it, only on their old 3K model that's similar. Learned that from contacting the company... Poor and counterintuitive design. Mine has to be disassembled every few weeks for complete cleaning, have had a warrantly replacement due to seized bushings too. Don't get me started on the APP. Do yourself a favor and sell it now while it's relatively new.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things are terrible. Make sure you KNOW how to disassemble them COMPLETELY before running them or you'll NEVER get them apart. They don't even provide info on it, only on their old 3K model that's similar. Learned that from contacting the company... Poor and counterintuitive design. Mine has to be disassembled every few weeks for complete cleaning, have had a warrantly replacement due to seized bushings too. Don't get me started on the APP. Do yourself a favor and sell it now while it's relatively new.
What did you go with instead?

Finntastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble getting my new 2k gyre working also. I am not sure if I have the programming figured out entirely.

I see that some of the previous posters have said they "figured it out".

Can someone share what they did to get the gyre running?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble getting my new 2k gyre working also. I am not sure if I have the programming figured out entirely.

I see that some of the previous posters have said they "figured it out".

Can someone share what they did to get the gyre running?
You must program it by filling out the schedule programs to tell it to do what you wanted to do this is what mine looks like

Attachments

• 82FD911F-DA3E-44A9-9EA2-52BE4D900989.png
    82FD911F-DA3E-44A9-9EA2-52BE4D900989.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 101

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously with these pumps it’s easier said than done but once you learn how to do it it’s just as easy as anything else

Finntastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! I figured it out too! I guess all it took was getting to the breaking point and then stepping back off the ledge and sending out a post asking for help.
And I suppose going through the online manual again helped a bit too.
So this are the changes I made to get the pump running. Not sure if this is what the other posters had issues with.
First, I did not realize the you had to select a pump as an output option. Secondly, I had made 4 different schedules and some of the times overlapped. Once I adjusted the times it started running,

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fordtech. I appreciate your help. It is a nice pump but I wish the instructions were a bit more clear.
Yes I agree and you are welcome anytime. I had same issue with overlap times and had to fix it. I posted all this in some thread here little while ago but can’t remember which

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 10.0%
Back