Ice Cap or BRS or AquaticLife?

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm kind of stuck, been doing some research and seeing what I can get with my budget.

Anyone use this ICECAP 100GPD RO/DI SYSTEM? I'm leaning towards this one due to no tax vs BRS which will cost me a bit more. I was also looking at the aquatic life buddy one from amazon. This will be mainly used to do water changes for a 40gallon tank, 5gallon bi-weekly.

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Icecap makes good products, but I went with BRS.

Attachments

• 2A761BF0-25D2-4E0E-92E4-D9E4EDE5CE6B.jpeg
    2A761BF0-25D2-4E0E-92E4-D9E4EDE5CE6B.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 50

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its only $... lol!
Save till next payday for the ship.
Call em. They will give you the unit you need. Ask about discount or coupon code. Doesnt hurt to ask.
Tell em the ship is whats hurting you. Lol.
Let em know.
D

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Icecap is the cream o’ the crop, so you can’t go wrong with it. Have you watched BRS video on RO/DI units?

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 BRS - they're expandable, will pay for itself in months and BRS has sales multiple times a year & are covered by a limited Lifetime warranty.

RODI.jpg

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brs, the aquatic life buddy and twist in are trash. Your base water will only be as good as your saltwater. I lost over $10,000 in coral from a bad cheap rodi aka the aquatic life twist in. I now run the BRS 7 stage 200GPD with booster pump with no issues. I have tds in my city water around 350 tds but a good quality RODI is not something to mess around with and will solve many problems. BRS or spectra pure are the best IMO. Also test your tap water with a TDS to see how many TDS you have. Your finished water will need to be absolutely 0 TDS!! Not 1 or 2 TDS. You’ll never know what that TDS is so why take a chance.

OP
OP
Taiyaki.Visuals

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs, the aquatic life buddy and twist in are trash. Your base water will only be as good as your saltwater. I lost over $10,000 in coral from a bad cheap rodi aka the aquatic life twist in. I now run the BRS 7 stage 200GPD with booster pump with no issues. I have tds in my city water around 350 tds but a good quality RODI is not something to mess around with and will solve many problems. BRS or spectra pure are the best IMO. Also test your tap water with a TDS to see how many TDS you have. Your finished water will need to be absolutely 0 TDS!! Not 1 or 2 TDS. You’ll never know what that TDS is so why take a chance.
Dang, I was so close to getting that =/ I figured for a small tank and I don't plan to go any bigger that the unit would suffice. But I guess ill pass on that.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I was so close to getting that =/ I figured for a small tank and I don't plan to go any bigger that the unit would suffice. But I guess ill pass on that.
It does suffice for many people including myself. It all depends on what your needs are and what your source water is.

OP
OP
Taiyaki.Visuals

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does suffice for many people including myself. It all depends on what your needs are and what your source water is.
I just ordered a tds meter, maybe I'll get a better idea after testing my water.

The plan is just top off and biweekly 5 gallon water changes. No plans to upgrade at all due to limited space. Tank will be mainly anemones and softies. 5 fish at most.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered a tds meter, maybe I'll get a better idea after testing my water.

The plan is just top off and biweekly 5 gallon water changes. No plans to upgrade at all due to limited space. Tank will be mainly anemones and softies. 5 fish at most.
I ran mine for a small tank too Biocube 29. Blew through filters with it as well. Not much to that unit. Even look for a used high quality unit if on a budget.

Back