Ice cube refugium

jhadaway

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2021
Messages
750
Reaction score
544
Location
Pasadena, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I though i’d throw this one out there. I had a tough time building a refugium in ny waterbox 100.3 sump. I found this ice cube holder on amazon and converted it. Fits perfectly in the back. Superglued the egg crate before the lip and drilled in the drain holes. I have a tunze ecochic refugium light. I also cabled tied it to keep it from expanding and breaking the superglue. Cost about $20 without the light. Pumping in from the out on my uv. Works great.

45CBD369-8E61-4CF9-BEE0-A0B87DD35FD1.jpeg 5C14E0FE-B368-4156-A319-148C90B0546B.jpeg
 
I can’t help but laugh at this lol who knew? Creativity in the hobby is a great thing and can save you lots of money. Good luck!!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new