IceCap 30 Reef Sump

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seriously thinking about picking one of these up and now that they are on sale makes it even more appealing. first I’d like to know who currently has one or has had one running on their tank and what are the pro and cons.
This would be an upgrade for my 90 gallon reef, from a Trigger Emerald 26.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have the 36xl and it is fantastic. Great fit and finish with all of the features of higher end sumps. Got my 36xl for $413 with shipping and tax from marineandreef.com. Highly recommend them!
Thanks, I went ahead and purchased the 30. I recieved it yesterday and will install it either this weekend or next week end. Thanks again

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, I went ahead and purchased the 30. I recieved it yesterday and will install it either this weekend or next week end. Thanks again

Congratulations! I have a #reefoctopus sump which is very similar and really like it! If you are willing to share, we would love to see pictures of your new sump!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Congrats on the new sump! We'd love to see a picture once you get it installed so we can share it on social media!

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new sump! We'd love to see a picture once you get it installed so we can share it on social media!
I sure will. One other question I have is. Which particular brand of socks are people using with the IceCap cap sumps? My reason for asking is I purchased two synergyreef filter sock silencers to use with this sump and I have 3 Eshopps filter socks that fit perfectly into the sump and silencers fit perfectly into them. Where I have a few other socks that I don't know what brand, that I have to push ever so slightly into the sock holder and the silencers do not fit into without forcing them into place.
I'm looking for socks 4" X 12" and in the 200 to 300 micron range.

Thanks in advance

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure will. One other question I have is. Which particular brand of socks are people using with the IceCap cap sumps? My reason for asking is I purchased two synergyreef filter sock silencers to use with this sump and I have 3 Eshopps filter socks that fit perfectly into the sump and silencers fit perfectly into them. Where I have a few other socks that I don't know what brand, that I have to push ever so slightly into the sock holder and the silencers do not fit into without forcing them into place.

Thanks in advance

This is the one that fits best. It's 4.12" x 14" and 200 microns:

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one that fits best. It's 4.12" x 14" and 200 microns:

Thanks Jeff@CoralVue, would this socks happen to be the same socks that came with my sump?

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks in advance

I use the 4" socks occasionally, but I primarily use the #IceCap 4" Media Cup.

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I presume that they would be. I might be able to crack open a box later to verify if it's important to know for certain.
If you could do that, it would be greatly appreciated. The reason why I was asking is the filter sock silencers I purchased from synergyreef do not fit at all in the two filter socks that came with my IceCap 30. Its as if the the socks that came with the sump have a slightly smaller opening. Thanks

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you could do that, it would be greatly appreciated. The reason why I was asking is the filter sock silencers I purchased from synergyreef do not fit at all in the two filter socks that came with my IceCap 30. Its as if the the socks that came with the sump have a slightly smaller opening. Thanks

I reached out to our support team. They stated the filter sock I linked to is what is included with the sump. I have a prototype sump here from IceCap which I measured and the included sock was 12" long, so I am going to defer to what the support team says in this case since they are more familiar with the intricacies of all our current offerings.

OP
OP
ms32795

ms32795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reached out to our support team. They stated the filter sock I linked to is what is included with the sump. I have a prototype sump here from IceCap which I measured and the included sock was 12" long, so I am going to defer to what the support team says in this case since they are more familiar with the intricacies of all our current offerings.
Thanks, I appreciate you looking into that for me..

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 112 74.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back