Icecap gyre going forward in reverse

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My icecap 4K gyre recently stopped going in reverse during its normal schedule. I’ve had it for just under a year and it’s been working great so far until now. I hadn’t changed any settings and allow in reverse is toggled on. It won’t go in reverse in any of my schedules and I’ve tried changing patterns with no success. I’ve also reset the unit to factory settings and that didn’t do it. With it now constantly going forward, it’s upsetting my euphyllias so I’ve had to turn it down so they aren’t getting blasted as hard but I also keep sps so would like to get my old flow patterns back where everything was happy. Any one ever had this issue before? I have contacted coralvue but so far they haven’t been fix it either.

OP
OP
emilybell1

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned it last right before this happened. It was my second time cleaning. I double checked that everything went back in place after reverse stopped working, so I wouldn’t think that is the issue but maybe? I have also unplugged and replugged it several times. Thanks for the suggestions! I’m open to any! I really liked it before so just want it back!

Memisis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ice caps have gone crazy after FW updates. See if you recently updated and try to roll back.

The last time I was on support call with icecap the gyres were not working at all when allow reverse was selected.

Start with FW, double check configs, maybe load up the web app instead of the native app and upload (sync) configs and see if it starts doing what you expect.

OP
OP
emilybell1

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ice caps have gone crazy after FW updates. See if you recently updated and try to roll back.

The last time I was on support call with icecap the gyres were not working at all when allow reverse was selected.

Start with FW, double check configs, maybe load up the web app instead of the native app and upload (sync) configs and see if it starts doing what you expect.
Ohh thank you! I did just update right when this happened. I’ll try that!

OP
OP
emilybell1

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh thank you! I did just update right when this happened. I’ll try th

Hmm mine says revert to ‘none’ on the fw page. Any other way to get old fw back?

OP
OP
emilybell1

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spoke to customer service, for anyone else who might be having this issue. They have another person with the same issue and are thinking it’s related to the update. They’re talking to IT and will get back to me tomorrow.

Rotary626tt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue, but only on channel 1. Channel 2 works just fine. Mine started a few weeks ago when I only had one 2k pump. About the same time as the new update came out. I got a 2nd pump and it works fine. I suspect either a FW issue or the controller just crapped out.

OP
OP
emilybell1

emilybell1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service is still trying to figure it out. I reset my controller again to factory settings and it reverted back to fw 190. I didn't update fw this time and it is working perfectly now. They are working on it with IT but sounds like a definite fw issue.

Rotary626tt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer service is still trying to figure it out. I reset my controller again to factory settings and it reverted back to fw 190. I didn't update fw this time and it is working perfectly now. They are working on it with IT but sounds like a definite fw issue.
I did this just now and it worked for me. Both of my pumps spin in both directions now.

bg2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing the same thing here with our 4K. It only runs forward even when the app says it's running in reverse. Running version 192 right now. I see "Stored version none" but if you select experimental you can still type in the previous version number to download. I believe we were on 190 before. I downloaded that and after reverting to it, cleared the local cache (same menu as the update firmware button). The lights went off for a good couple of minutes after I chose to revert the firmware. After it was back up I cleared the local cache, then selected to reboot the device. On reboot it appears that the firmware version I applied is still there (190), and the reverse function is working again. I just need to be sure not to click update firmware when it prompts me that there's an update available until they fix 192.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back