Icecap K3 hang on skimmers

  • Thread starter Thread starter jft
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jft

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
940
Reaction score
528
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does ANYONE have real experience and Videos of the K3 line of icecap HANGON skimmers. I cannot find anywhere users who have these skimmers. I need one for a new tank 125 gallon and I am DONE with sumps due to expense and 2 leaks From Name brand sumps in the last 2 years.Please let me know IF you have one, performance videos???
 
Does ANYONE have real experience and Videos of the K3 line of icecap HANGON skimmers. I cannot find anywhere users who have these skimmers. I need one for a new tank 125 gallon and I am DONE with sumps due to expense and 2 leaks From Name brand sumps in the last 2 years.Please let me know IF you have one, performance videos???
I have used it as hang on but now in sump
Very easy to maintain and run
 
How are u running it in sump, Any Photos??

AAA8E794-06BB-4AA7-8398-0E9EB36C109F.jpeg
 
Thanks BUT THAT Is an in sump Skimmer. I am asking about Icecap hang on skimmers
This was a hang on. I took the bracket off as i changed sumps which mine has eurobracing and I can no longer hang it.
My previous unit was Ice Cap K2-50
 
nothing on these yet, but i'm sure someone will post a review eventually. it may be you LOL.

pretty good design. i like the round body more than the square because the cornered body HOB's can have less turbulence than the round ones and take more time to clean IME. turbulence ='s more dwell time.

this one or the 150?
1666877328505.png
 
Yes Looking for tried and true experience WITH THE NEW K 3 square or round body icecaps hangon skimmers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new