IceCap module maxspect gyre questions

Discussion in 'General Equipment, Hardware, Filtration' started by Salahunreal, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Salahunreal

Salahunreal Member

Hi good people :)

I am planning to buy two maxspect gyre XF250 and want to connect them to apex.
    My questions as below

1- As far as I understood, the IceCap module will replace the gyre controller, so in this case i don't need to buy the controller, right?

2- Would it be possible to control two gyres XF250 with one IceCap module or is there any other solution to have one module for the two gyres?

3- Most important question is which one would be best, connecting both gyres to Apex and use it as controller for them or stick with the original controller and forget about connecting them to Apex.

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017

2. wcharon

wcharon Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat. Hope we get some answers soon as there are deals that finish tomorrow. Also including MP-40. I don't like all the eggs in the same basket neither so in my case maybe the separate controller.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

3. Salahunreal

Salahunreal Member

From what I found so far, that
    1- Yes it will replace the original controller and no need to buy a controller with it.
    2- Each icecap fits only gyre :(
    3- Looks like there is nothing you can do with the original controller that you can not do with apex. Might be more like finding the right profile or script but eventually apex will do what is required.

Draft saved Draft deleted