Ich Dilemma

Taipan88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on your Ich Battle. I have just got over a Ich infection.
I don't believe in management, and am full on with eradication. Its not impossible, you just have to wait.

The moment I spotted ich in my DT, I removed all fish. They were put into a QT for the next 3 months..
Thats right.. I am running my DT fishless for 3 months, to starve out the ich that is in the DT.

As for whats in QT. I'm using Multicure. It attacks Ich, Velvert, and fungal infections.
I have also lowered my salinity to 1.010 Which will cause the ich cysts to rupture.
I also crank the temp to 32'c which drastically speeds up the life cycle of Ich.

I am now currently pushing the salinity back up to 1.026 while removing the Multicure and lowering the temp.
I'm at day 6 now and have not seen a spot. My fish still have another month in QT before they are allowed back into the DT.

As a quick way to cycle a QT Tank.. Grab some bio balls from your sump and toss them into your QT tank.. its now cycled.
Still, it wont stop the water changes.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Good luck on your Ich Battle. I have just got over a Ich infection.
I don't believe in management, and am full on with eradication. Its not impossible, you just have to wait.

The moment I spotted ich in my DT, I removed all fish. They were put into a QT for the next 3 months..
Thats right.. I am running my DT fishless for 3 months, to starve out the ich that is in the DT.

As for whats in QT. I'm using Multicure. It attacks Ich, Velvert, and fungal infections.
I have also lowered my salinity to 1.010 Which will cause the ich cysts to rupture.
I also crank the temp to 32'c which drastically speeds up the life cycle of Ich.

I am now currently pushing the salinity back up to 1.026 while removing the Multicure and lowering the temp.
I'm at day 6 now and have not seen a spot. My fish still have another month in QT before they are allowed back into the DT.

As a quick way to cycle a QT Tank.. Grab some bio balls from your sump and toss them into your QT tank.. its now cycled.
Still, it wont stop the water changes.
1.010 salinity seems so low… Im

Back