Ich help!!!!

Rhaegar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got 2 clownfish (1st fish to add to tank) and I did not quarantine as they are my first fish to add. What could happen? Ich happened! So my question is what is safe to use for ich if you have corals? I have several zoas/palys, 3 acan lords and 1 acan echinata, 1 mushroom, and 1 duncan. I read that copper based treatments are a definite no. Any advice on best treatment options? Other than setup a QT for future fish?

Duke4Life

Just a crazy eel guy, LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got 2 clownfish (1st fish to add to tank) and I did not quarantine as they are my first fish to add. What could happen? Ich happened! So my question is what is safe to use for ich if you have corals? I have several zoas/palys, 3 acan lords and 1 acan echinata, 1 mushroom, and 1 duncan. I read that copper based treatments are a definite no. Any advice on best treatment options? Other than setup a QT for future fish?
Going to have to remove fish and go fallow for 76 days. My qt is my best friend in this hobby and is your best option.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to have to remove fish and go fallow for 76 days. My qt is my best friend in this hobby and is your best option.
+1 on this.

There is no reef safe option for treating ich. Either you go this route or you will always have ich in your system. Setting up a QT for future fish doesn't do you much good if you don't treat the fish already in your DT first.

Your only other option is to try and handle your tank as an "Ich Managed" system. Just be aware that you may have difficulty ever adding new fish if you go this route.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ich-eradication-vs-ich-management.188775/

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you can post pictures to help verify that this is ich?

OP
OP
Rhaegar

Rhaegar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5669.JPG
IMG_5670.JPG
IMG_5671.JPG
IMG_5672.JPG
IMG_5673.JPG
IMG_5674.JPG

OP
OP
Rhaegar

Rhaegar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was hard getting a good picture of the 2. The black one is showing more white dots and the reg looks like loosing color or have a white-ish appearance

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Rhaegar

Rhaegar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it looks like whatever they had cleared up on its own. Didn't have QT and didn't want to loose my coral. Well now the black one keeps swimming on his side and not sure if he is just weird (true Austinite?) or something else could be going on. Any advice will be appreciated. Pics below

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back