Ich medication on rock? If so removal help!

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish got ich around 3 weeks ago and it was successful (as of now). I used this medication named “Seachem Paraguard” and was curious if that sticks to your rocks like copper does? I did not use copper through the ich process. I used these rocks that I would love to put in my DT and was wondering if anyone knows if this sticks to your rock at all? I wonder why because I don’t want my inverts dying because of it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to have changed the formulation of Paraguard some time ago, but it still has aldehydes and malachite green in it. The aldehydes are no issue. The malachite green is often mistakenly thought to contain copper, but it does not. The mineral malachite is copper carbonate, but "malachite green" is an organic dye that is named malachite simply due to its color. It therefore should have no affinity for carbonate rocks, but you should change all of the water (as several partial water changes) to ensure none is left in the tank prior to adding any invertebrates.

jay

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would either use in hospital tank or as a dip. Here's what Seachem has to say:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back