Ich now in Display Tank

nyc_love

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have the dreaded ich in my display tank :( It first showed itself about a week ago (after I introduced a couple quarantined fish) and it's now almost on all the fish (16 total fish). The fish overall seem to be doing fine and are eating well but some of them are completely covered in the ich. I can't take them all out because I have a lot of rock work and the only way to get them out would be to take all the rock out and drain the tank (the tank is 42" in height). I've done all the research and I know taking all the fish out and going fallow is the only way to get rid of the ich completely but unfortunately that's not possible for me so I think I need to go the management vs eradication route. I don't have any corals--only fish and a CUC. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do at this point? I'm running a UV, I've added garlic into the food for the last 6+ months, and the fish overall don't seem to be behaving differently. Two fish did die this week so I know things aren't looking great :crying-face: Any tips would be recommended. Thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi everyone, I have the dreaded ich in my display tank :( It first showed itself about a week ago (after I introduced a couple quarantined fish) and it's now almost on all the fish (16 total fish). The fish overall seem to be doing fine and are eating well but some of them are completely covered in the ich. I can't take them all out because I have a lot of rock work and the only way to get them out would be to take all the rock out and drain the tank (the tank is 42" in height). I've done all the research and I know taking all the fish out and going fallow is the only way to get rid of the ich completely but unfortunately that's not possible for me so I think I need to go the management vs eradication route. I don't have any corals--only fish and a CUC. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I can do at this point? I'm running a UV, I've added garlic into the food for the last 6+ months, and the fish overall don't seem to be behaving differently. Two fish did die this week so I know things aren't looking great :crying-face: Any tips would be recommended. Thank you
Bring salt to 1.009 for 5-8 weeks and increase aeration. This low salinity method can and may affect/stress certain occupants and can be a risk though. general cure will be milder than copper based product however not invert safe

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_5240.jpeg
    IMG_5240.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 23

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back